Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
It could be good news, she may have found an alternative to try? It may even be she didn't realise about the costs and when weighing up the benefits it's not the best to try for you? But she still needs to do something and it's not like you've tried all the med options from what I've read here.

Cost issues do get in the way even for more mainstream meds e.g. Pregabalin, where some doctors won't prescribe it due to costs and even some local CCG's blacklist it creating a postcode lottery issue

No the news was she was going to start me on a very very low dose to try and avoid side effects but I told her I just got put on a anti sickness tablet,I mentioned earlier I have a stomach problem as I was being sick a lot so gp has put me on these tablets and now I can’t go on mianserin as the anti sickness could cause serotonin syndrome, so I really don’t know how long il be on anti sickness and she said okay we will just wait til you’re off the anti sickness,I asked if I could try something else , again, and she said no... so my depression anxiety and everything isn’t going to be sorted anytime soon as my stomach problem isn’t going to go away. Yes I may come off the anti sickness but I can’t see a gastroenterologist until March 2020,only if something bad happens. I don’t know what they want to happen I was took into hospital the other day with this problem but nothing was done or moved forward.... I’ve been on pregabalin they used to be hard to get prescribed them but seems to be gp’s favourite tablet to prescribe at the moment. My son is on them now. They aren’t doing him any good, but that’s his choice he’s 25 he just hasn’t got the guts to say what he thinks to his psychiatrist where as I gave up caring n said exactly what I think and feel.