Thread: When does lymph node goes down after ear infection

When does lymph node goes down after ear infection

Hi all
    I had left ear infection 2 weeks ago and finished antibiotic last week. I went to doctor for another issue and asked the doctor to check. She said my neck lymph node on the left still a little bit swollen but it’s very small. She told me to wait for 2 more weeks and maybe follow up with GP if I want to check again.

I will wait but I can’t help to worry. It’s beenn2 weeks and still it doesn’t go down? How long does it take for lymph node to go completely down after a ear infection? I know myself so I don’t self check at all. I purposely avoid learning how to check lymph node because I don’t want to fall down to tHat rabbit hole again. Trying to be logical but still it worries me in the back of my mind. I did ask her though if I shall be worry or need ultrasound on it. She said no.

Thanks all

Re: When does lymph node goes down after ear infection

There is no answer to this as everyone is different. You just have to be patient I think.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    There is no answer to this as everyone is different. You just have to be patient I think.
    Thanks. I have no choice but to wait. I won’t be doing well in the next 2 waiting weeks.

I will check with ENT end of next week which will be 4 weeks. My anxiety is growing. What if it doesn’t go down by then? I thought 2 weeks shall be enough. I just had CBC complete blood count 3 days ago and everything is normal, no infection. If there is no infection, why it hasn’t go down for in 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by nhelen79 View Post
    If there is no infection, why it hasn’t go down for in 2 weeks?
    Poking and prodding.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Poking and prodding.

Positive thoughts
    No fishmanpa, i didn’t poke or prod because I refused to learn how to check lymph node. I know once I learn it, I will drive myself down that poking hole :(

So it shall go down in 2 weeks after infection?

As Nic said, everyone is different.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Want to update.

I went to see ENT. She felt my neck completely. She said the lymph nodes near chin that I’m worry about, she couldn’t feel it.

Then she said my muscles on both sides of my neck are really tight so she can’t feel all nodes near the muscles. She sent me to ultrasound. She said since you are anxious, this is the 100% assurance I can give since she can only give 88% assurance from the exam due to my tight muscles are in the way.

I kept asking you think I’ll be fine. She said she didn’t feel anything dangerous on my neck. And I need this 100% assurance to move on with life.

I felt fine at that time. However after going to the parking lot, the anxiety kicks in again with the ultrasound.

My husband said she shall not send me to ultrasound if she doesn’t feel anything dangerous. He’s right. I’m thinking if she didn’t tell me everything.

Thread Information