Hello, I have been better for quite a while but am in very bad panic mode at the moment. I have had a lot of stomach issues over the years, but have been better for quite some time. I've had heart and breathing fears a while ago, all resolved and fine. For the last three weeks my stomach started to play up. It started off with pains in my upper stomach that I have had on and off for years.I told myself it was the same and would just go as usual but it hasn't, it has got worse. I have very bad acid. I've been told in the past I was making too much acid owing to anxiety. It is that bad now that I feel raw and sore all the way up from just above my belly button to my throat. Yesterday I had it on and off. I was dancing in the afternoon and felt fine, so told myself it was just annxiety. However last night after supper I fell asleep in the chair and when I woke up I had the most terrible pain in my upper stomach which felt like a lot acid burning its way through. I usually take Peptac which my doctor prescribed a few years ago. I have not had to take any for quite a long time, until the last week. It usually helps a bit but last night it actually made the pain worse which freaked me out. I went to bed in such pain and couldn't sleep. I eventually got off and woke after about three hours and couldn't get back to sleep with all the terrifying thoughts going through my head. The pain had gone but I had this raw soreness that has lasted all day. I am afraid to eat, but know that's not a good idea, and I know being anxious makes acid worse, but I am sure I have never had such bad pain and soreness. I think I should see the doctor, but am scared as we have new doctors now who don't know me or my history of nerves. A few years ago I was given two different acid blockers,, but had to stop taking them as they were affectiing my liver. I even had to have an ultrasound on my liver as a result but everything was fine. Has anyone had acid as bad as this, and raw and sore all day. Can this be a simple acid problem or something worse. I need to calm down but live alone and have no one to talk to. Please reply if you can.