Thread: I keep seeing black for a split second

I keep seeing black for a split second

For the last couple of weeks I’ve been having this weird thing where I see black for a nanosecond, it’s like im blinking which is what I thought it was at first but it’s definitely not that. Ive had this happen about 8 times in the last 2 or 3 weeks and I’m beginning to get stressed about it. Can anymore offer me any help on this?

Re: I keep seeing black for a split second

Anything eye related like this should be checked out... But, is there any possibility you're having an eye twitch? Sometimes when I have eye twitches, I don't really feel them, but it sort of causes symptoms like you describe.

Although, I must be honest, I can't imagine anything serious causing what you have described...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure it’s not a twitch, I did try putting it down to that too but I could swear my eyes are always open when this happens. I am thinking about going to the doctors about this soon, it’s just the anxiety that’s annoying me until then.

Certainly I can reassure you that anything brain related would absolutely NOT cause 'one blink and you'd miss it' eye problems.

Eye related pathology - I had a look on some reliable websites there and can see nothing alarming fitting your description

If it persists just make an appointment with your optometrist

Good luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

I’ll wait and see what happens, I dare not google myself as that never solves health problems for me. Thank you again for the help, really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by imfineokay View Post
    For the last couple of weeks I’ve been having this weird thing where I see black for a nanosecond, it’s like im blinking which is what I thought it was at first but it’s definitely not that. Ive had this happen about 8 times in the last 2 or 3 weeks and I’m beginning to get stressed about it. Can anymore offer me any help on this?
    I have visual problems myself, none of which are like yours, but I reduced them heavily by doing two things.
    I reduced the amount of time I spent staring at a bright screen, and I started to go outside more. By going outside, you’re helping your eyes adjust to the bright light, and this will decrease your light sensitivity. It’ll also decrease your anxiety and increase your vitamin D. Not only this but looking through distances of 20 ft or more will help you moisturize your eyes. If it’s necessary for you to use technology, then I advise taking a 1-2 minute break every 20 mins looking at distanced of 20ft or further. Give this a try for a few days and if you see a decrease in the amount of times you deal with symptom, it’s most likely benign and not a big deal. If it doesn’t help, I advise getting checked up. Good luck!

This is currently happening to me. Was this ever resolved? I’m very worried

Thread Information