Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabies from Bats (real bite marks)

Re: Rabies from Bats (real bite marks)

The thing is I can't think of any other two pronged marks that do not itch and are not painful... Flea bites will itch, bug bites will itch, maschito bites will itch, spider bites will be painful... Only bat bites not painful not itchy... I can't find another reason for me not to worry, I keep thinking I am the unlucky one, a stealth bat bit me and nobody noticed 😭. I can't eat, cant sleep, this is all too much ...

Quote Originally Posted by woaidelrey View Post
    The thing is....
    You have HA Seriously, this thread is no different than the thousands of other rabies threads. Some have gone as far as to get the shots and STILL think they're going to die. There's really no way to reassure you as you're too deep in the rabbit hole. I hope you feel better soon!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Not everything needs an explanation. Sometimes things just happen.

The way your thoughts are working right now is equivalent to waking before dawn and panicking because the sun's gone out.

How can I feel better? Wait for the next two and half months? I can't live like that :( how do I get out of this rabbit hole? Please help 😭. This is one of my worst episode of HA ever. The fear is just so profound

If you really can't cope, it may be worth visiting your healthcare provider. Be sure to make your anxiety the focus of the visit, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    The way your thoughts are working right now is equivalent to waking before dawn and panicking because the sun's gone out.
    Great analogy

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm trying to paint this story to myself to calm myself down:

I saw two pronged bite marks. I'm scared that it might be from a bat, which I did not see the day of the party. I asked my friends to see if saw any bats that night. They also replied no. So basically, I'm scared that a stealthy bat bit me lightly without me feeling anything and got away without anybody noticing. And that bat just happened to bit me, not anybody else at that party, just me, despite a lot of people wearing dresses and shorts as well.

This story sounds a little ridiculous after I write it out, so it kind of calms me down a bit. But then again, I always go back to the CDC stories where ppl don't even know how they were exposed... Are their exposure kind of like mine, but because i have HA, I pay more attention to everything..

I don't wanna worry for the next months, but my perfectionist personality and OCD just don't allow me to calm down fully and I don't know what else to do ...

Quote Originally Posted by woaidelrey View Post
    I came back from the ER parking lot. Didn't go into ER at the end.. price is gonna be too much and I'm not sure about this situaiton..

but this physical pain in my lower legs and forearms are constantly reminding me that I may be the unlucky one...
    I am so glad you didn't go in!

Was wondering if I can get some advices: I don't want to go to ER. But should I go to a trav clinic to receive pre-exposure vaccinations? I read that it starts to give antibodies in 7-10 days. Maybe I should go get it?

No, because you didn't get bitten.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information