Thread: Panic attacks back with a vengeance

Panic attacks back with a vengeance

Hey all,

Well they’re back and worse than ever, it’s been a long time since I had daily attacks and these ones are just awful, it all started with a heart palpitation a couple of weeks ago, I was already stressed out, it was coming up to the second anniversary of my Dads murder and I was also dating someone but with a lot of complications, so anyways I had this flutter and freaked out, I started loosing my appetite and feeling anxious when I had eaten and was very focused on feelings in my stomach and chest, I hyper-focused in on them and obviously that made me notice more sensations.

The other night I had the worst panic attack I’ve had for years, I had tried to correct my eating but ate a large meal and I started to panic because I felt very full and I felt my chest flutter and then my heart began to race, I was using a monitor on my phone to check my heart rate also which didn’t help I begged my neighbour to ring 999 which he wouldn’t.

Since then I’ve been having bad panic attacks daily with loads of different symptoms, some weird ones that are scaring me are- randomly Over heating and sweating/hot flashes but not always during the panic sometimes before or just during high anxiety, tonight I woke up and felt too hot but I freaked out and it got worse and worse and then my hands began to tingle and felt like they were almost burning, now I feel like breathing is hard and I feel scared.

My nose has randomly been running when I’m nervous also, which is so weird I’ve never had that symptom before.

My symptoms were always very head focused but now they’ve shifted in to this, what I am experiencing now, I’m terrified, obviously my mind worries there is something awfully wrong, I’m having insomnia and just waking through the night so I’m exhausted.

I haven’t seen a doc yet but plan to ASAP. God I’m scared of this. It’s just awful at the moment.
    How did I get back here again??

Just need some people to talk to and who understand.
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us most. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and famous?' Actually, who are you not to be?”

Re: Panic attacks back with a vengeance

I know excatly how you feel I took a severe panic attack unexpectedly after not having had one for 16 years and it hit me like a ton of bricks I'm now on esa and need to take diazepam to stop me having another one.
    Try not to worry too much I'm sure your doctor will have you sorted out in no time.

So very sorry you're struggling right now - panic attacks can be evil.

Thinking of you.

I, too, want to offer my compassion and understanding. Panic attacks and anxiety are always awful, but it seems to hit us so much more severely when we've had a clear stretch of having them mostly under control and then BAM.... they return unexpectedly and knock us off our feet. I think the daily ones are almost easier to handle than the "first one in a long time" because with those you have the extra disappointment, fear, anger, etc.

See the doc, maybe take medication if it's suggested, and realize that this too shall pass.... it always does.
    Sue

Thread Information