Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Abnormal Ovarian Cysts

Re: Abnormal Ovarian Cysts

Hey, I hope all went well?

Hey,
    So the cyst is an endometrioma. Now the doctor wants to put me on hormonal birth control to treat the endometriosis.
    However, after my appointment he gave me a printout of the MRI result that i read when i got back to work. Besides the endometrioma cyst (which is in the right side) i also have a mildly dilated left parametrial vein. I don't know what this means, as he didn't mention anything about it or if i should worry about it.

Good news about the cyst.
    Why don’t you call about the other thing? I’m sure it’s not important or it would have been discussed.

I’m so glad I found this thread as I am freaking out over ovarian cancer. It really seems to be fitting and I can’t believe I didn’t connect the dots earlier. I had been worried about pancreatic cancer and didn’t realize that digestive issues were a sign of ovarian cancer. I am 39, have had my tubes tied and a few years ago I felt a few little twinges on my lower left abdomen. Dr said only to come back if it got worse and it didn’t. Now, for two weeks I’ve had intermittent pain near my left ovary and continues over to my hip. Got tested for a UTI tonight and the Nurse Practitioner told me I was very tender near my ovary. I’m beyond freaking out and I’ve read so many symptoms that I have that points to me having ovarian cancer! Please keep us posted on your journey...

Hi, for me it was an edometrioma (a cyst caused by endometriosis). There are several type of cysts. The majority of them are not cancerous.
    I have hip and leg pain also. I guess when you have a cyst, it can press on some nerves or something like that.
    I hope this helps you.

Hi everyone
    My doctor thinks I have an ovarian cyst and I have a scan booked at the end of May
    (I'm in the UK)

This morning the cyst felt sore when I used the toilet and I had a little bleeding.
    I called the doctor as I was really worried but no telephone appointments are left for today. He will call me tomorrow but if I get any worse I am to contact them.

I had a ruptured functional cyst years ago but can't remember the advice given now.
    What do I need to look out for and how long does the discomfort normally last?
    Right now I feel a little nauseous but the pain thankfully not too bad.

Many thanks everyone

Hello,

I think you need to look out for high temp, excruciating pain and vomiting.

Heat pads/hot water bottles help.

X

Quote Originally Posted by always scared1234 View Post
    I’m so glad I found this thread as I am freaking out over ovarian cancer. It really seems to be fitting and I can’t believe I didn’t connect the dots earlier. I had been worried about pancreatic cancer and didn’t realize that digestive issues were a sign of ovarian cancer. I am 39, have had my tubes tied and a few years ago I felt a few little twinges on my lower left abdomen. Dr said only to come back if it got worse and it didn’t. Now, for two weeks I’ve had intermittent pain near my left ovary and continues over to my hip. Got tested for a UTI tonight and the Nurse Practitioner told me I was very tender near my ovary. I’m beyond freaking out and I’ve read so many symptoms that I have that points to me having ovarian cancer! Please keep us posted on your journey...
    How did she know your ovary was tender? That’s so random. Did you feel tenderness there? I get a loooot of tenderness by my right ovary during ovulation and period time. My tenderness is so extreme that bending over and getting into the seated position can cause twinges of pain. When I had a cyst (you can read my thread about this in my profile) I had the sameeeee symptoms as yourself. I had horrid hip, back and thigh pain too

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information