Thread: Varicose veins

Varicose veins

I have recently become concerned over a very prominent blue vein on my right shin. Sometimes it's raised and sometimes it's not. I've got my self into a state over it being a varicose vein. I really don't want it to turn into one. And I've now become obsessed with keeping my feet elevated or having a cold compress on it. I exercise 3/4 times a week. I'm not overweight and I don't have a job where I'm sitting or standing for long periods of time. But now that I have focused on it my leg is aching all the time. I have to tell myself not to look at it all the time. Once again something is consuming my every thought. I know it's a very superficial worry but I am literally thinking and unfortunately googling it all the time.

Re: Varicose veins

So what are you looking for from the members here over this "very superficial" very slightly possible potential cosmetic worry?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Agree with above advice from Fishman

Wear compression hoisery if you really want to

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thanks for replying..it's ridiculous I know. I guess it comes back to obsessive behaviour/checking behaviour. I convince myself it will be an ugly debilitating 'something' that will effect my quality of life. I get the hot panic and everything else that comes with it. I'm trying but losing at the moment. But will keep on.

Hi,

I have a varicose vein that has got bigger and more pronounced. I feel it is ugly but doctor said it was nothing compared to some he’s seen. It may hurt, and it will swell on hot days or when you’re on your feet a lot. A varicose vein is a weakness in the vein wall, I think, and the vein stretches out. Wearing compression socks and keeping legs elevated when possible helps reduce them.

You can get them cut out if it is one - no big deal but I think you are making more out of this than there is

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information