Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sore weak legs

Constant dizziness and pressure can’t take it anymore

I don’t think I’ve ever been this anxious, depressed and suicidal in my life.

For two months now I’ve been feeling dizzy, not like the room is spinning but dissociated, like I’m always woozy, just slightly off and can’t snap back to normal.

Two weeks ago I was on the couch watching a movie and I felt this vibration in my head, like someone was rattling my brain, and my face felt numb and I almost thought I would pass out.

Since then I’ve add these "flares" when my constant dizziness gets more intense and my brain vibrates and my face feels numb. It gives me a panic attack every time and when it calms down I’m left with this dizziness that just never goes away.

I’ve had blood tests, an ECG and neurological exams and everything was fine. Doctors say my dizziness is from constant panic attacks and anxiety. I have a very hard time believing that anxiety can bring on such heavy and constant symptoms.

I just don’t see an end to this dizziness and panic. I feel terrible physically and mentally. I don’t have hope that this will ever go away. Doctor gave me Zoloft and Ativan but advised against taking too much Ativan. I’m constantly panicking over these symptoms and have a hard time going out or talking about anything else. I wish I’d die in my sleep.

My therapist, doctor and family all say it’s anxiety and I feel very alone. I have managed to have an appointment for an MRI of my brain in 4 days. I’m sure they’ll find something like MS and frankly I almost hope they do so I can maybe treat the symptoms. If my brain is clear I just don’t know what I’ll do. Everyone is tired of me and I feel powerless. I feel like disapppearing.

Re: Constant dizziness and pressure can’t take it anymore

Seymour,
    I would first like to say that I completely sympathize with you. I am very sorry for what you are going through, it sounds very difficult. But please know that you are not alone. It is actually a good thing that the doctors have found nothing. It points to the cause being nothing sinister, anxiety like they say. At the beginning of the year I was in the same exact boat as you and let me explain how. I developed a double ear infection and unbeknownst to me caused severe dizziness. In couldn't walk in a straight line. Even when i could everything was woozy and my head didn’t feel right. I always felt out of it like I wasn’t connected to the world. I had three separate trips to the ER. Every time in tears because I felt like my life was falling apart. I was struggling at work, missing time to see my doctor. She couldn’t figure out what was wrong. I had a ct scan of my sinuses and ears, a ton of blood work and a full neuro work up. NOTHING. Then I requested an MRI. I was so convinced I had a tumor or MS. The MRI came up totally clear. There was nothing on any scan like I thought there would be. I started to take medicine for my anxiety and depression and was given Ativan for my panic attacks. After a few months the dizziness went away. I found out it was worsened by my anxiety. And it actually started in the first place because of those simple ear infections. But let me tell you I was so miserable and depressed. I know how you fell. Please, it will get better. And when the MRI shows nothing maybe starting to treat your underlying mental illness will help more than anything. You’ll be okay!!
    You got this
    Jess

Hi Jess,

thank you for taking the time to read and answer. It is very kind.

The thing is that I can’t pinpoint anything that started the dizziness. It just appeared one morning. Full disclosure it was during a time when I panicked daily and just learned that I’ll be a father.

it just seems to get worse and I’m super anxious about my MRI results. I’m scared I’ll always be like this.

Anybody else have anything to help?

Yesterday evening my anxiety melted away for a few hours and it was like a breath of air after drowning. Even the dizziness was a bit better. Maybe because I wasn’t so anxious about it. I went to sleep with a positive mind.

today dizziness and anxiety are back like always. Evenings are always better for some reason. I even have a twitch in my arm. I’m sure I’ll never get better.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Yesterday evening my anxiety melted away for a few hours and it was like a breath of air after drowning. Even the dizziness was a bit better. Maybe because I wasn’t so anxious about it. I went to sleep with a positive mind.
    There's your answer. Treat the root of the problem and you treat the symptoms associated with it.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I’m so scared of my MRI results. I’ve been worrying obsessively about this moment for months.

Can anxiety alone wreak havoc on the nervous system in such a big way?

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Can anxiety alone wreak havoc on the nervous system in such a big way?
    Absolutely!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Had my brain MRI today but they did it without contrast. Will this still show MS lesions?

I have the constant dizziness too. It never leaves. I have had to accept that it is anxiety causing it, and that it will take a a while for it to go away. As long as I stay panicked and anxious it will stay. Accepting that it is anxiety and not thinking its some sinister illness will be the first part in beginning recovery. Living in fear and worry will only add to your panic. At some point, with all your negative test results, you will have to begin to accept that it is anxiety. It is very hard to live this way and takes a strong person to deal with always being dizzy. Look how strong you have been in light of feeling so unwell. There are many ways to begin recovery from anxiety. It is a fear based behavior that we have learned over time. Our bodies are now in extreme over stimulation, hence all the symptoms making us feel this way. Fear fuels the symptoms and keeps them going. It is within you to heal, but you must first accept that it is anxiety and then learn about anxiety and commit fully to understanding it, and applying the strategies to begin the process of managing it and accepting that it is a process with no timeline.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I feel like my brain MRI results will be a turning point. If it’s negative I’ll have to accept it and not second-guess my doctor and think that she should have asked for this or that and that something was missed. When you start second-guessing the doctors it just never ends.

Anxiety and panic on a high level can really cause constant physical symptoms?

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information