Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sore weak legs

Re: Constant dizziness and pressure can’t take it anymore

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Are you mentally ready to accept a clean bill of health though because all the indications are that you're not? It's as if you're grudgingly accepting the scan result but would actually prefer to have a tangible diagnosis to chew over?
    I was just thinking the same thing: it sounds like he NEEDS this obsession - possibly avoiding something else that is really bothering or worrying him? It's easier to channel all the energies on this topic so that you don't need to address what's really bothering you. I remember that practice all too well.

Seymour, if taking tranquilizers for a few days helps improve your physical symptoms, isn't that proof that this is not a physical condition causing this?
    Sue

So when challenged you have responded with a list of your symptoms...Doesn't sound as if you're ready to move on from HA yet.

Hello everybody

Sue, taking Ativan improves the anxiety and makes the symptoms more tolerable but it didn’t improve the symptoms themselves. I just cared less about them.

I came back from my GP and she says absolutely no more Ativan, that I’ll be hooked and studies show that it’s bad for the brain in the long term. So my miracle pill is off the table.

She’s upping my Zoloft from 50mg to 150 mg over a few weeks and adding risperdal 0,25 mg in the morning and 0,50 at night to help with obsessive thoughts. She’s also sending me for psychiatric evaluation. So I’m taking steps.

You know guys, I’m not crazy. I know anxiety plays a big part in why I’m unable to function. Someone else without anxiety would push through life feeling like crap and hoping it would go away soon. I’m not in denial over my anxiety.

I have a disease called ankylosing spondylitis and I spent two years trying to convince my GP I was in pain and she just gave me more anxiety pills. Then when I saw a rheumatologist after begging for it she diagnosed me in minutes. I have a very bad experience with feeling like crap and being told it’s anxiety. We know our bodies.

Now maybe this time I’m wrong and obsessing over something that doesn’t exist. Where does that leave me? Unable to curb my anxiety, dizzy, derealized, fatigued all the time, with weak achy legs and a broken mind. I can’t pursue further medical testing even though I barely scratched the surface because my family and therapist are fed up with me and it would angry them if I tried to find answers.

so that’s it? I just accept after one MRI that all my symptoms come from the mind? Just like my arthritis came from my mind? Trust me guys it’s HELL being me right now. I truly wish I could vanish and be magically forgotten by everyone.

There are so many causes of chronic dizziness and all my symptoms that I don’t know how to just say it’s anxiety and truly believe it even though I know I could be wrong.

But I hope Snowy is right, that it will pass one day. I can’t see myself staying dizzy and derealized a lot longer. It’s not a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I came back from my GP and she says absolutely no more Ativan, that I’ll be hooked and studies show that it’s bad for the brain in the long term. So my miracle pill is off the table.

She’s upping my Zoloft from 50mg to 150 mg over a few weeks and adding risperdal 0,25 mg in the morning and 0,50 at night to help with obsessive thoughts. She’s also sending me for psychiatric evaluation. So I’m taking steps.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm puzzled as to how a rheumatologist could diagnose ankylosing spondylitis in "minutes" but I understand that you don't trust an anxiety diagnosis.

I hope the increased meds and added risperidone bring you some small relief from your torment. See what the psych suggests? At least you are being taken seriously in terms of your distress and are not just being dismissed as a "worrier".

I hope this dizziness and derealization goes away soon because every day I grow more and more anxious and tired and my body and mind have reached the breaking point. I don’t see an end to this crippling anxiety and I have lost hope that I will ever get better. Everyone tells me I should just "push through". That I should try to live with all these physical sensations until it gets better. I have been anxious in the past but never experienced constant dizziness and derealization. I’m scared that if I accept that it’s just anxiety I’ll miss a diagnosis that could cure my symptoms.

Someone told me I need to do a spinal MRI too to absolutely rule out MS.... I don’t have motor problems so I don’t think I have spinal lesions but does anybody have any knowledge about that?

I know how this looks but believe me I’ve had anxiety all my life and I’ve never even been CLOSE to what I’m feeling now in terms of derealization. It feels like I’m high on pot!

Sore weak legs

Anybody ever had sore, tired and weak legs? Mine started hurting out of the blue two days ago and they feel super sore but numb at the same time like I’m walking on cotton. When I bend down they shake. And I get lots of fasciculations and twitches in them.

combined with my dizziness I’m sure I have MS or ALS or some spinal lesion. Can anybody reassure me? ☹️

My doctor is sending me to a neurologist.

Re: Sore weak legs

Nobody can reassure you, Seymour. I thought you had decided that a neuro consultation was counter-productive?

You won't like this response but it is intended to help you.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information