Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm scarred for life... please help *TRIGGER WARNING*

I'm scarred for life... please help *TRIGGER WARNING*

I'm not sure where I should've posted this if this section wasn't the correct place

I was just scrolling through Twitter and I saw a video that PETA shared of a pig literally crying and collapsing out of fear on its way to slaughter

I am literally crying hysterically now, it's upset me so so much, we have absolutely no right whatsoever to decide when an animal should die

But yeah I'm literally scarred. I don't know if I could ever become vegetarian but that video has made me hate the human race and the world we live in

Injustices like these happen every single second but there's nothing anyone can do

Re: I'm scarred for life... please help *TRIGGER WARNING*

It's a very unpleasant thing to see but your emotions will subside and you will move on from it. You can make the personal choice to avoid meat based products if you wish and try to influence government with the many groups out there if you want to do more. Slaughter will always exist in some way but more should always be done to minimise any animal suffering (and religious freedom should never trump this ).

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It's a very unpleasant thing to see but your emotions will subside and you will move on from it. You can make the personal choice to avoid meat based products if you wish and try to influence government with the many groups out there if you want to do more. Slaughter will always exist in some way but more should always be done to minimise any animal suffering (and religious freedom should never trump this ).
    I really want to help but the first thing is I think being vegan is a hard lifestyle to maintain as it costs more and it makes family meals and BBQs etc pretty awkward, secondly will anything I do make a difference? People will just carry on eating meat and that will never change unfortunately. I really wish a vegan diet could become the standards for society but that just won’t happen

One thing I do know for sure is that I’m giving up pork. I can’t eat it anymore after seeing that awful awful video

I think the truth of it hurts way too much... I can’t get over what I saw

Just a thought; if you were bringing your own money in you could look into buying ethically-reared meats.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Just a thought; if you were bringing your own money in you could look into buying ethically-reared meats.
    Can you stop taking jabs at me?

You would have to talk to your mum about it. Even if you don't go veg or vegan you could reduce your meat consumption. There is always some harm to animals, even vegan food includes some harm to small animals. Seeing an animal in pain can be upsetting but this emotional reaction will fade. The abused animals in charity appeals on TV are upsetting. It's better to care than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    Can you stop taking jabs at me?
    I'm sorry it came across that way; this is something I do myself when I can to mitigate my own carnivore guilt, but it isn't cheap and I can't afford to do it as regularly as I'd like. Eating game can often be another (relatively) ethical choice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    I'm sorry it came across that way; this is something I do myself when I can to mitigate my own carnivore guilt, but it isn't cheap and I can't afford to do it as regularly as I'd like. Eating game can often be another (relatively) ethical choice.
    Sorry, I misunderstood, I’m pretty tiredI think what Ill do is stop eating pork, fish and chicken. I only ever really eat beef at BBQs and at fast food places etc... hopefully one day I can stop eating meat completely

Again, I’m so sorry for snapping there.

It's okay, it happens. I'm in a lot of pain myself right now and I probably didn't choose my words as carefully as I could have done.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You would have to talk to your mum about it. Even if you don't go veg or vegan you could reduce your meat consumption. There is always some harm to animals, even vegan food includes some harm to small animals. Seeing an animal in pain can be upsetting but this emotional reaction will fade. The abused animals in charity appeals on TV are upsetting. It's better to care than not.
    Yeah. As I said to Blue Iris, I’m going to stop eating chicken, pork and fish. The only meat I’ll eat now is beef because that’s the one I eat when I have fast food and at BBQs etc and I don’t want to be awkward and ask for the vegan options especially at BBQs which we have often to celebrate family birthdays etc, we have a big family/extended family even.

Also I signed like 100 petitions, the ones that are quick and easy to sign one after the other, against animal abuse and to bring justice for them

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information