Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm scarred for life... please help *TRIGGER WARNING*

Re: I'm scarred for life... please help *TRIGGER WARNING*

I have no WILL to do anything. Like, it's easy enough to say go and volunteer but there are a million problems for me, like how I'll get there (I hate getting like 10 buses), who I might see while getting there, what if I start worrying while I'm there, will I look presentable enough, what if I don't get enough sleep the night before and I'm exhausted all day?
    Jeez Toby, its not that hard, just going to visit a lonely old lady in your road (who never sees anyone) would be a start - sweep her path or something. Join a local litter picking group is another example. So, what are you planning then for the future, sitting in your room googling forever?

Not eating meat is FAR from boring, thats a common misconception, the world is full of vegan and vegetarian recipes which are awesome and have much more thought and care put into them than a fried steak. Of course, with so much time on your hands right now, you could learn to cook ?
    Last edited by Carys; 11-08-19 at 10:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Jeez Toby, its not that hard, just going to visit a lonely old lady in your road (who never sees anyone) would be a start - sweep her path or something. Join a local litter picking group is another example. So, what are you planning then for the future, sitting in your room googling forever?

Not eating meat is FAR from boring, thats a common misconception, the world is full of vegan and vegetarian recipes which are awesome and have much more thought and care put into them than a fried steak. Of course, with so much time on your hands right now, you could learn to cook ?
    I don't know any lonely old ladies but I do sometimes help my Grandma out, though she also has a cleaner who she pays.

Does vegan meat taste close enough to normal meat? It's been ages since I last tried vegan meat

On the topic of volunteering though, one thing that looks like it would involve something that wouldn't get boring and would demand my full engagement is volunteering as an NSPCC counselor for a little while. I think I'm good at offering advice. I'm not saying I'll definitely do it but I'll look into it and see if it's do-able for me
    Last edited by Toby2000; 11-08-19 at 11:10.

Animals should be killed humanely imo, which means they don't feel pain or fear, sadly though for as long as people think it's acceptable to hurt any animals this won't happen :(
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

This has just spiked again... I'm feeling sick thinking about that same video I mentioned months ago & also thinking about animal cruelty in general

I can't cope thinking about it

You need to decide whether or not you want to continue eating meat, in that case.

You also need to learn to cope with these difficult thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You need to decide whether or not you want to continue eating meat, in that case.

You also need to learn to cope with these difficult thoughts.
    I don't eat beef, pork, lamb any more. Only chicken, fish and turkey (very rarely the latter two tbh)

The positive to take from this is you've seen how you can help, not eating meat yourself means you're not contributing to the demand so will help. May seem minor but be assured small efforts always count

I just saw the nastiest video on Facebook shared by someone I went to school with, who is now BLOCKED

ANIMAL CRUELTY T R I G G E R W A R N I N G

The video depicted a dog in China being cooked alive- it was 'relevant' apparently because of the coronavirus coming from animals

I can't deal with it. How can I just get about with my life knowing that animal spent its final moments in boiling hot water, a slow and painful death. It makes me furious and deeply deeply sad to the point where I just want to leave this planet NOW, after pushing the man into a vat of boiling hot water.

AND THE WOMAN FILMING IT WAS LAUGHING???? LITERALLY WHAT. WHAT.

The video is INGRAINED in my head, like what the f*** do I do? It's overwhelming me

AT LEAST the poor dog is now dead and out of its misery

Some people are seriously, seriously messed up. If you kill an animal deliberately, mercilessly, for pleasure, then you deserve nothing less than DEATH yourself

I'M JUST SO DONE

That's fucing horrible. I hate people that are cruel to animals. I would be traumatised too.

The person who filmed it should be thrown into boiling water and boiled alive then cooked in a oven and filmed dying the same painful death
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information