Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: night sweats?

Re: night sweats?

Yes, that helps ease the anxiety Thank you.

Nope. No medication. When I first had some sweaty nights, I though it might be due to magnesium supplementation. But over time I can see that the sweats don't line up with when I'm supplementing.

Thank you for your reply! I'm definitely at that age. But I'm also at that age when other health problems are more likely, which increases my worries.

Yes, my cycles have become shorter over the past few years, with intermittent longer cycles. My hormones are clearly shifting, and everything you said makes sense.
    Yep, there we go then, of course your bloods have shown - presumably - no thyroid issues for example? So, it does sound like your sex hormones are a likely cause. Shorter cycles, by a few days each month, indicates earlier perimenopause. I had that for 3 or 4 years, and now into year 8 they are nuts irregular. Your 'change' might not take so long though, seems I might be going for the full 10 year max on it lol

Yes, my bloodwork indicated that my thyroid is working fine. Of course, the blood draw was done several weeks before the night sweats began, so I don't know how useful the results are.

As the night sweats continue, I am having increasing digestive issues, including a lot of mucus in my stool (sorry for this unpleasant detail!). This is adding to my concern that the night sweats are caused by something awful, like colorectal cancer. The coinciding symptoms are very alarming to me!

Anyway, I really appreciate your encouragement to stay positive and hopeful, despite my tendency to spiral into endless anxiety...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information