Thread: Always needing to wipe

Always needing to wipe

Good day
    This is something that has happened for years and I don't know why, and I want to know if it is normal or indicative of something. After doing a BM, I can wipe until clean. Then a few hours later it can start to feel a bit unclean down there, I wipe and there is more mess. Even without doing an extra BM. Where is the mess coming from? How and why is it escaping from the anus?
    When I am sitting or walking I can sometimes feel almost like tiny bubbles of air 'escaping' from the anus. Is this normal? Can it be a symptom of something wrong?
    Thanks for any help.

Re: Always needing to wipe

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I get this. From my pile flare ups it was more a sweaty feeling. But over the past year I have had a bit of mucus mixed with, well the obvious, occuring some time after a movement. I think in my case though it's because my piles are larger and they have been allowing a slight bit left over behind them and then with body movement and natural movement of that passage (and it can certainly happen with some wind ) whatever it left in there comes out. I've noticed it's only once too which suggests this is the issue to me.

It's not always, it's more when it's a bigger movement that is likely inflaming them more. Mine don't bother too much though but this is a new thing this year for me and I will be interested in responses too.

This actually is most often caused by piles ( hemorrhoids). That is what a rectal surgeon told me. It happens to me sometimes ( very little though), but ONLY if I am constipated. As MyNameisTerry said, it causes piles to inflame more, and then they do not allow everything to be properly completed. But in my case, once I clean myself again, it stops. So, I can say for Terry and myself at least, it is the hemorrhoids. Again, rectal surgeon explained it to me, because I went to see him for that ( I was very upset ). He also "burned" my internal hemorrhoids, which is much safer procedure for them then any kind of surgery ( and much easier to bear). But, sadly, the piles usually come back after some time.

Thanks Lana, that explains my issues too. I only need to do an extra wipe once maybe 30 minutes later when it;s like this. It's a recent thing for me and I just suspect they have reached that stage where this happens (they've been there since my early twenties but rarely bothered me after about 5 years).

Exactly like you - maybe one hour after after I have to clean again ( or wash when I can), and it stops. It is annoying, but I think prevention of constipation really heals hemorrhoids ( although not completely), and then it happens less and less.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Thanks Lana, that explains my issues too. I only need to do an extra wipe once maybe 30 minutes later when it;s like this. It's a recent thing for me and I just suspect they have reached that stage where this happens (they've been there since my early twenties but rarely bothered me after about 5 years).

As to you KrankerMann, it may be actually irritable bowel syndrome ( sounds like that to me). If you already know that you suffer from IBS - D, you should take probiotics that tend to make you more solid ( like Florastor, very , very good). I would never say it points to any serious problem ( I know A LOT about stomach issues, believe me-more than I ever wanted to).

Thread Information