Thread: Heart attack concern again

Heart attack concern again

So this has been bothering me for a few days again. My breathing has become short, and my heart feels like it’s racing. I’ve also had a bit of an upset stomach, and I’m terrified I’ll have a heart attack or I’m having one now. The symptoms don’t keep me up at night, and it’s literally not even chest pain, but the shortness of breath, and the rapid heart rate make it feel like my chest has some pressure...like I can’t catch my breath. I’ve had this worry for almost 8 years now because I have horrible eating habits. Even though I’m actually very thin, 5’ 10” and 136 pounds, I feel like I’m skinny fat. So I worry that my arteries are clogged because of my insanely bad eating habits. Each doctor I went to the past few years mentions my heart rate is high (but that’s because it’s like that when I’m in the doctors office only) and my blood pressure is normal surprisingly enough.

So is there any chance my arteries would be clogged by age 26? I feel a decade of poor eating would do that. I don’t know why this has been a problem for me lately, because I guess it seems to be happening more frequently.

Re: Heart attack concern again

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Well, that sucks. I somehow managed to delete my post. I only wanted to edit it to add something. Lame... But what I said was:

"Clogged arteries" caused by poor diet at 26 years old? Extremely doubtful, IMO. My mom's family has history of early heart disease. None of them overweight. My uncle had his first heart attack at 38 or 39. My mom at 54. My grandmother (their mum) around 55. What did they all have in common? Very poor diet - practically from birth. They all grew up eating food cooked in pure lard. My uncle especially LOVED fried foods. Uncle and grandmother were both very sedentary, my mum still is. Mum and uncle both smoked - mom picked it back up shortly after discharge following her heart attack. :( None of them took / take care of themselves appropriately, such as following doctor's orders / recommendations.

Do you have major risk factors? Smoking, drinking, drugs, sedentary lifestyle ... But also FAMILY HISTORY of early heart disease at TWENTY-SIX or even THIRTY? BP sounds like it's good, same for no obesity. What about lipids? When did you last have your cholesterol checked?

Also, I get it, because I do things I know I shouldn't with this family history and having cholesterol out of wack, as well as (controlled) mildly elevated BP. Yet I fear the consequences of my own negligence. Why do we do this? I've mostly accepted it, but I also have legitimate goals to begin making healthier choices. Are you doing the same? Are you doing anything to improve diet?

If you delete a post the admins can undelete it for you if you let us know.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Genetics plays a large part. Not everybody who partakes in risk factors is at risk. But obviously if you do, then you up the risk. Ignore statistics. If you're got a healthy heart enjoy life, try to eat better, exercise, and be happy. Stress and worry won't do you any favors.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

As far as I’m concerned, no one on either side of my family had any heart disease. However, I don’t think anyone had as bad of eating habits as I do. My grandfather ate everything and anything though, and he was thin like myself, he passed away when he was 95. I keep telling myself to eat healthier because I honestly am getting sick of the unhealthy food. I literally eat it because it’s so easy to make...I just open the packaging and it’s ready. The past few days my heart worries were gone, but they’ve crept back up today. I haven’t had a cholesterol test though, I’m honestly scared to get one because I don’t want to hear “oh, that very high” speech from my doctor. I can’t imagine it’s normal, despite having normal blood pressure and weight. My heart rate skyrockets, but I know why that happens...at rest when I’m not anxious it’s completely normal. I wish I knew exactly what my arteries looked like, then I’d even feel a tad better I guess. Thank you though for the responses. Again, I don’t know why this is bothering me so much.

Thread Information