Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Very afraid

Re: Very afraid

Just wanted to say congrats on the all clear.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thanks WiredIncorrectly. Smoking is notoriously difficult to kick Terry as you well know, so your Dad deserves huge credit for that. My daughter smokes and has made several failed attempts to pack it in. Though when you're 20 you think you're indestructible

Mrs F has been in sleep mode since this finished so not able to get out anywhere yet other than my Dad's. I'm enjoying a 'post crisis lull' at the moment but it won't last...

I've not posted much on the forums recently but Mrs F had her mammogram last week and she's been called back. The letter came this morning. I don't know what to do.

I had this and it was a worrying time but was just calcifications so don't think the worst.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Doesn't Mrs F have a history of multiple cysts? One thing you just can't do is jump to worst case scenario mode when you know absolutely nothing about the reason for the recall.

Does she have a date to be seen again? I hope so. You could always ring a breast care charity to talk about your anxiety? The nurses there will be used to explaining how the system works and the possible reasons behind a recall. Better to get genuine information from them rather than from Dr Google?

Thank you Nic and Pulisa. She has an appt for next Thursday the 4th. I always do worst case scenario Pulisa, you know me. And why does it always take times of adversity to make me realise what she means to me?

I haven't consulted Dr Google though and aim not to.

I was recalled a few years ago. It was a cyst and they drained it, I get cysts a lot and have had them in my boobs before. Try not to worry too much (yep I know that's hard), try to keep busy.

Hi Fish ,here we are again in our parallel lives , I just did the making myself ill with worry over my partners breast problem and mammogram, all for nothing and what it has done is pretty much finish off our relationship because all I was doing was focusing on how it was affecting me not her , spiralling into worst case scenarios and for what ? It doesn’t change the bloody outcome, we don’t learn do we ? , both of my daughters have had cysts that didn’t need treatment and recently my uncle had to go to the breast clinic for a mammogram, yeah uncle , he said every woman in there was looking at him like think you’re in the wrong place love , men do get breast cancer but I doubt any would check , anyway his is a cyst as well .
    Taking my daughter to hospital this week to see about her future treatment , wouldn’t you just love a couple of years break from going anywhere near those places ?
    Hope it all turns out okay bud .

Thank you Catkins and Buster for your very kind comments and reassurances. I'm very happy you both had positive outcomes and I'm hoping for the same. The anxiety this afternoon has been stratospheric. Time has stood still since that letter landed on our doormat on Friday. I'm walking the dog while switched to autopilot, the body is functioning while the mind is trying to predict events a year from now.

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Well we've dodged the bullet again. We went into see the consultant who gave Mrs F a clinical exam and straight away he said he thought it was fibrous tissue. He ordered a mammogram and ultrasound to make sure, his words. The ultrasound revealed a swollen lymph node in her armpit but nothing suspicious.

So ends 3 weeks of health anxiety which I'm pretty sure I'd be diagnosed with if I went to see a psych doctor. Though in my defence, Mrs F genuinely thought there was something wrong too. And the radiographer did say he would rather we regretted wasting their time than coming in too late to be treated and regretting then.

So I can garden again now and all the other stuff normal people do. The anxiety meanwhile will switch to something else.
    From just over 2 years ago..Recalls are about being extra thorough and protecting women. If anything needs a second opinion the breast care consultant will have the knowledge to make a judgement call. She's got a history of multiple cysts and fibrous tissue in recent years.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information