Thread: Urine Dipsick Test Has Got Me Anxious

Urine Dipsick Test Has Got Me Anxious

I've been having left flank pain and cramping for about a week now and it's been quite bad. I brushed it off as my period is due this week and I thought it may be period cramps but something about it feels different and 'off.'
    I've been so busy with work and other things so I haven't had any time at all to go to the doctor and they're not big on testing urine at my doctor's surgery anymore and sometimes get the receptionists to do it and I don't like that, so to save time and maybe a doctor's visit, I bought some self test sticks from Amazon.

BAD IDEA.

I really thought it'd be negative to be honest and I did think it'd just be my period but it come up with Lucozites and Blood, but the Non Hemolysis blood part, which I don't even know what it is. I just know it was on the far end of the blood scale. I've tried 3 over the past two days and it's always said the same.

I'm worried it's my kidneys now :( I'm going to see if I can get to the doctors tomorrow but it's so hard to get an appointment at my surgery and tomorrow is the only day I'm free to make an appointment so I'm worried :(

What does Non-Hemolysis blood and Lucozites me? The S.G part seemed off too? But I'm not sure what that this either.

I need to calm down a bit over this.

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Re: Urine Dipsick Test Has Got Me Anxious

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

This shows the problem of self-testing kits when you don't know what the results mean really.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I assume it does mean that blood is present but it's obviously a variant on whatever it is. I guess I'll have to ride the anxiety out tonight and see if I can get into the doctors tomorrow.

'You can never win or lose, if you don't run the race'

Do you have your period?

iy could be your period, or more likely a urine infection, many people have traces of blood in urine for no reason, they just do (this is a fact - a consultant told me.
    Go to gp, they will send a urine sample away to see if any infection is present, if it is, great - antibiotics, If not then they might do cystoscopy which is a quick procedure to look in your urinary tract, I had this, nothing sinister, just some folk have a tiny trace of blood.the consultant then said nothing to worry about - its common. your pain and blood sounds like a simple urine infection - you need an antibiotic to clear it.

Thread Information