Thread: Feels like something in side of throat

Feels like something in side of throat

Hello can anyone relate to this ? For past few days have had on / off feeling of bit of food or something lodged in right side of throat , feels like just behind or below tonsil - eating and drinking ok although anxious when doing so - actually can't feel it when eating , just few minutes afterwards it will start . Blocked nostril on that side and think palate looks slightly red , maybe one very tiny white spot on it . Could this cause that feeling ? No amount of gargling etc shifts it . What I've read about globus always says that it is felt in centre of throat ? Starting to gt worried will try get docs appt tomorrow. Am 52 year old female .

Anyone , please ???

Re: Feels like something in side of throat

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Just to update. Saw gp today . He couldn't see or feel anything " of concern ". If it's not gone away in two weeks I've got to be referred . I feel more anxious than ever now , worrying if it's going to get worse !! Help

I did notice you emphasized the words "of concern". What I see is your anxious mind interpreting that as 'I saw something but not of any concern' when in reality it means he didn't see anything at all. The more you hyper-focus on it, the more your mind will create issues. Find something to distract you.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information