Thread: Whooshing when standing

Whooshing when standing

So the past year, after getting up from standing my ears pop and I get like a whooshing in my ears. It’s goes away after seconds once I’m up. The doctors not concerned but I’m worried it’s a brain tumour or something sinister.
    I go on holiday Friday and I’m really going to try not to let the worry take over.
    It would be nice to know if anyone else has these symptoms. Anxiety has been in my life for years unfortunately x

Re: Whooshing when standing

Yep, me (do you mean getting up from crouching down or sitting?) . Not all the time, but often. I have linked it to tense jaw muscles/clenching teeth and generally tight facial muscles and so on......its as if the blood flow needs to increase as you stand up (which is natural) but you've made everything a bit more sensitive to those changes.

Yep from sitting and crouching. I’ve no headaches, pain etc just this whooshing and muffled hearing for literally just seconds then goes. What you’ve said though makes a lot of sense as I find this never happens when I’m at home or with friends. It is only when I’m stressed at work or in car etc. X

The only other thing to get checked, which I find makes mine worse, is being anaemic (a perennial issue I have), but I'll be honest - with the same factors, two days apart, the whoosing, deafness and muffled can happen and then the next day not. I know exactly the feeling you talk about, it lasts as long as it takes your blood to kind of catch up with your brain lol

Yes he checked and said I had very low iron but wasn’t anaemic but I had to take iron tablets daily so I was confused. It does get better when I take the tablets. I didn’t think of them both being linked. Thank you for your reply. You’ve no idea how much you’ve helped me x

Thread Information