Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Things went downhill so fast today my brother called the police :(

Re: Things went downhill so fast today my brother called the police :(

I haven't been where you are, James, but at times I've been close and I can recognise the sense of desperation.

Never lose sight of the fact that you're not the person you are at your worst, it's just an accursed combination of sickness and circumstance. Thinking of you, and hoping you get the help you need asap.

Still no sign of these blasted mental health people. No call or anything. Surely the service isn't that stretched?!

Anyway I'm miles better today. Got up and went out to the shops and did some shopping. Alone. I had some anxiety but I told it to f**k off. And it did. So that's a positive and a step in the right direction.

If something good can come out of this bad then I am going to make sure I hit those positive goals and rejoice in them.

My mom will not speak to me now, but my 2 brothers are talking again. It's been years. They all agreed we need to make more effort with each other. In 2 weeks got a snooker game with them all. First time I've been out for a game since my Dad passed. We all used to go out with my Dad and play snooker of a Friday and it's something I haven't done since.

Still nothing. You couldn't make this stuff up. Absolutely diabolical.

I've booked tickets to Donnington race park end of the month for a car show. It's miles away. But, no way is mental health going to stop me going there. The sound of cars is beautiful.

As I said before you just can't rely on the NHS to fix you, or to help you. You'll be waiting forever.

Maybe this was the turning point I needed. The humiliation and shame from yesterday weighted heavy on me. I couldn't sleep because of it. I made a lot of decisions last night while staring at the ceiling.

Self reliance becomes a comfort once you find your path.

I think your crisis teams are very poor, James. Referring someone for sectioning means a very fast intervention process under law. I suspect it's a matter of resources and because they didn't need to take you into a hospital there & then you have been pushed down the list as the firefight the rest.

In my experience most crisis teams are poor. As some of you know my partner suffers with a serious mental health condition, and at her worst a couple of years ago she 'split' into another personality and started banging her head against the wall. I couldn't stop her. I called the crisis team and they said (word for word) "don't worry, she won't die, if you get really worried just call an ambulance and they'll come and sedate/remove her".

Fvcking useless.

Terry, and Joe, I completely agree they are poor. I've got a hunch. Maybe they know my records well enough to know that once calmed I'm ok and by prolonging things they get to see if you truly are in need or not. I think if I didn't snap out of that mindset and continued with the negative thoughts and actions they may have acted more swiftly.

It's funny how they asked my partner "Do you believe he will be ok tonight with you?". Once she said yes it was as if the conversation was over. They still haven't been out. If they come out today then they're going to see a calm, placid, relaxed, James. Their visit is too late now. I had to deal with it myself.

I'm sure there are more people in a worse position than me who don't have family or people to turn to for help. So I won't kick up a stink over it. They clearly need help right now more than I do.

Another good day today. I'm back on the ball with my writing and cracking on with a few little bug fixing gigs to make a couple of quid.

Hope everybody is well.

I don’t think mental health facilities or care are the quality they should be in any country. Last year a coworker of mine took their own life after one of our facilities said they could only legally hold them for 72 hours.

hang in there and keep fighting the good fight.

btw, how is it going with the meds?

If I told you I still haven't had a visit would you believe me? Probably. But it's true.

Only thing I've done is spoken to my doctor. She agreed ven. is not for me. I told her I would like to see how I go with nothing. She didn't agree, but I promised her I am on the right track. I doubt anybody believes me here. But this whole incident that happened shook me up. I really mean that.

I'm not on any medications. I'm doing fantastic. Tomorrow off for a walk with the dogs. I'm getting attacked by fleas (see other thread) but other than that I'm 100x more positive and upbeat about life than I was previously. I still have things that need dealing with. But one step at a time.

Also I'm excited because I get a new pair of studio monitors on Monday. My brother just got a new pair and I get his old ones for free because I did his website for him. Some Yamaha HS7's. I can't wait to start making music again. Making music was my outlet and since I sold all my gear I had no outlet. Slowly building it back up again. Making music has been and always will be my therapy.

These ...

Enjoy life. Be free
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 18-08-19 at 01:12.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    If I told you I still haven't had a visit would you believe me? Probably. But it's true.

Only thing I've done is spoken to my doctor. She agreed ven. is not for me. I told her I would like to see how I go with nothing. She didn't agree, but I promised her I am on the right track. I doubt anybody believes me here. But this whole incident that happened shook me up. I really mean that.

I'm not on any medications. I'm doing fantastic. Tomorrow off for a walk with the dogs. I'm getting attacked by fleas (see other thread) but other than that I'm 100x more positive and upbeat about life than I was previously. I still have things that need dealing with. But one step at a time.

Also I'm excited because I get a new pair of studio monitors on Monday. My brother just got a new pair and I get his old ones for free because I did his website for him. Some Yamaha HS7's. I can't wait to start making music again. Making music was my outlet and since I sold all my gear I had no outlet. Slowly building it back up again. Making music has been and always will be my therapy.

These ...

Enjoy life. Be free
    Good to hear dude.

HS7s are really good. I have a pair here as well as Dynaudio BM5s and various cans. What else do you need for the studio?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information