Thread: ate mouldy crumpet :(

ate mouldy crumpet :(

Hi there,

idk if this is in the right section but I'm freaking out right now. This morning I ate a crumpet quickly without checking it and when I went back to the pack to consider another one, I realized the one underneath had a whole patch of mould on it.

Now I'm freaking out as I've eaten the crumpet. (For the record, they were 2 days before their best before date)

Am I doomed haha? I have severe anxiety over getting sick and I've been having antibiotics the last few days for a urine infection, so now I'm worried that I'll get very sick after already being pretty unwell from that.

Has anyone eaten one and lived to tell the tale?

Re: ate mouldy crumpet :(

I would have thought the worst you would get is the squits. Im not sure if i have eaten bread etc with mould on. I have however found mould just as i started eating a sandwich so i guess i have but cant be sure.

I have however eaten at some pretty dodgy take aways which may be more dangerous 😂

Quote Originally Posted by LuSmith View Post
    Hi there,

idk if this is in the right section but I'm freaking out right now. This morning I ate a crumpet quickly without checking it and when I went back to the pack to consider another one, I realized the one underneath had a whole patch of mould on it.

Now I'm freaking out as I've eaten the crumpet. (For the record, they were 2 days before their best before date)

Am I doomed haha? I have severe anxiety over getting sick and I've been having antibiotics the last few days for a urine infection, so now I'm worried that I'll get very sick after already being pretty unwell from that.

Has anyone eaten one and lived to tell the tale?
    Don’t antibiotics kill viruses? If so, that mouldy bread probably won’t do much. I may be wrong though, as I don’t recall having ever taken any antibiotic in my life. I’ve gotten very sick throughout my childhood days, but I remember getting better naturally. Either way, good luck and don’t worry too much about it!

'
    Last edited by SnowyGreen; 07-01-20 at 05:26.

Thanks, to update, here's hoping that nothing developed from eating it as I've managed to go 24 hours without any problems so far. I did feel a bit nauseous at times but I think that was more the thought of it and also related to something else.

I should be out of the park soon I hope, if no other symptoms suddenly develop out of nowhere

Quote Originally Posted by LuSmith View Post
    Thanks, to update, here's hoping that nothing developed from eating it as I've managed to go 24 hours without any problems so far. I did feel a bit nauseous at times but I think that was more the thought of it and also related to something else.

I should be out of the park soon I hope, if no other symptoms suddenly develop out of nowhere
    Nausea used to be one of my symptoms because of feeling it in open plan offices/shops/supermarkets. Once I actually had a case of food poisoning and it was very different, there was no maybe about whether I was going to be sick and my head was swimming. As I had been studying Mindfulness for some time before I found this actually kicked in as I was doing the obvious into the toilet and my mind clicked that my previous nausea worries were nothing to be scared of as they were so different to actual nausea from some form of sickness.

So, I think you are right as food poisoning would force you to be sick and you wouldn't be wondering whether the nausea would turn into being sick.

Thread Information