Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: This Jeffery Epstien case is getting exciting!

Re: This Jeffery Epstien case is getting exciting!

I'm sure there are girls who knew what they were doing or who were already providing services "professionally." And, as Terry said, I'm sure there were girls who were promised things if they complied and were therefore coerced into doing things. But the law was broken by people who thought they could get away with it, and they shouldn't.

I'm also quite suspicious about his death - if there wasn't anything to hide, why would he have died? Why would he need so much seclusion for his activities (private island, mansion in the middle of the desert)?

I still go a little bit crazy sometimes...
    but now I don't stay near as long.

[Mostly] managing anxiety, HA, and depression.

At the end of the day, Poppy, the law doesn't care if a minor is sexually active with other minors and they don't care if some minors make advances on adults. What the law does expect is that adults know it is illegal for them to do anything with a minor. The argument about minors knowing what they are doing is irrelevant in terms of prosecution as you say because making advance doesn't override the law. Teenage girls do it and you walk away, there is no argument it gives you a green light although many a sex offender has tried to argue it does (and it used to be an argument of organisations, now banned, who wanted the age of consent down by quite a bit...so they could prey on kids legally). Men do have brains and aren't overruled by their hormones. If you chat up an 18 year old and then find out she is 15 you run like the wind, you don't decide she knows what she is doing and have sex with them. Many men have and found themselves rightfully jailed and on the sex offenders register.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    At the end of the day, Poppy, the law doesn't care if a minor is sexually active with other minors and they don't care if some minors make advances on adults. What the law does expect is that adults know it is illegal for them to do anything with a minor. The argument about minors knowing what they are doing is irrelevant in terms of prosecution as you say because making advance doesn't override the law. Teenage girls do it and you walk away, there is no argument it gives you a green light although many a sex offender has tried to argue it does (and it used to be an argument of organisations, now banned, who wanted the age of consent down by quite a bit...so they could prey on kids legally). Men do have brains and aren't overruled by their hormones. If you chat up an 18 year old and then find out she is 15 you run like the wind, you don't decide she knows what she is doing and have sex with them. Many men have and found themselves rightfully jailed and on the sex offenders register.
    Thank you Terry, I 100% agree. You've put my thoughts into words better than I could

I still go a little bit crazy sometimes...
    but now I don't stay near as long.

[Mostly] managing anxiety, HA, and depression.

I think this topic has run its course. I'd like to ask admin if they can discontinue. For obvious reasons which I don't need to repeat, this has become a trigger topic especially for anyone particularly women with PTSD.

I'm going to finish with a true story. It may be upsetting for any parents here with young daughters so maybe best you don't read.

Leroy was a great guy and a loving father with 2 daughters aged 10 and 12. The mother was diagnosed with BPD and got post natal depression after birth of second child. She then run off with another man to a different county miles away, abandoning her whole family forever.

Leroy had a low paid gig economy job as a security guard. His daughters prepared dinner for all 3 of them before he got home around 7pm.

They shared an old laptop he got free off a friend.

One evening he came across his older daughters Facebook page she'd forgot to sign out of. He was concerned to see that there were a few much older boys among her friends but didn't want to make an issue of it.

One evening he got home from work and the older daughter hadn't yet come home. The younger daughter said she'd gone to a friend's home.

She came home around 7.30 with a Blackberry. She lied that her friend had lent it to her.

I think you can guess the rest. Last I heard, the older daughter had started college.

This is the reality for many parents all over the world. In poor countries it must be far worse. Tell me it doesn't happen in UK?

I'm going to quit saying anything more about Epstein business. It shouldn't be on a MH site.

Quote Originally Posted by .Poppy. View Post
    Thank you Terry, I 100% agree. You've put my thoughts into words better than I could
    Thanks Poppy, I think your points were very clear throughout though. It really doesn't matter what people think, it matters what the law says and that's what you are aligned with.

What I said above about attitudes of sex offenders about the feee will of underage victims is likely the mindset of Maxwell.

I guess we will see where the case goes. I just hope nothing happens to any witnesses, whether leaned on or worse, given the mirky nature of Epstein's death.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information