Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does anyone have crohns or UC?

Re: Can't do this anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by Toby2000 View Post
    You need to calm down, take a breath and stop checking.
    The irony is palpable...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Does anyone have crohns or UC?

Kittenrain, If I were you , I would request stool culture. Since you have to almost every time after you eat, and there is mucus and blood, it may be intestinal bacterium, maybe Clostridium Difficile. I had it and I can tell you that C Diff DOES NOT causes severe watery diarrhea , not with everyone. But it does cause loose stools, blood, mucus. I am surprised that your doctor did not order culture at least. Please go back, because you will not calm down until you know what it is, and freaking out just makes everything worse. If it is infection, it can be successfully treated. Best of luck to you, and let us know. (p.s. I have suffered for years about IBS, and then I got C DIff three and a half years ago. I had 2 colo oscopies so far, and my life pretty much revolves around my stomach, so I flatter myself I know a thing or two about gut problems)

Went to the hospital today.had a blood test and a stool sample done. Doctor felt my intestines applied pressure, I had no pain.he said he felt no inflammation. He said if my blood test comes back anemic we will worry but it came back good.....i have been bleeding for a month had two periods in that time and i am not even anemic at all. The sample has yet to be analyzed but he sent me home i have to bring a second sample tomorrow. And i am seeing a gastroenterologist in six days gave me a course of antibiotics to take in the meantime. He says I am not presenting as someone with crohns or uc.after a month with uc bleeding I would lose considerable amounts of blood but apparently I haven't. Also my weight loss is not what he considers extreme for a month of uc.i alsobhave no pain.he says he is betting on an infection in my case or a virus.or as my doctor said...Ibs and hemorrhoids......
    This should make me feel better...why doesn't it?
    Also I should mention that everytime I eat at home I go....undigested food is my new thing...loose whatever I ate.but at the hospital I ate and was expecting to go immediately and I didn't have to.it took a while.....is ibs a mental thing?

I have IBS and need to stay near a loo after eating so I have to plan my days very carefully.

I would trust what they say to be honest.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Got the stool culture results...

I went to the hospital a few days ago because of the problems I was having. Blood mucus etc...it turns out I don't have crohns or uc they think. Actually my stool was positive for c difficile.
    My husband thinks this is good because I now start the treatment, ten days of antibiotics. I am still terrified.relieved a bit but terrified.i don't want to Google......has anyone had this.the antibiotic seems scary too...the doctors say this should clear it right up...

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information