Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How to change overthinking.

Re: How to change overthinking.

Oh I agree, Terry! Rip Off "Therapy" is flourishing but the very best treatment is free and available around the clock. I also think common sense plays a big part too-it doesn't have to be complicated.

I suppose that I follow the same principles as you, Joe and try to make the most of those quiet moments.

The core is the scheduled meditation, even if it's once a day. I find it to be most beneficial just before bed when you're most likely to have that 10-15 minutes.

Hi,
    Sorry I haven't been on been to work all weekend just able to grab 10 mins now.
    I downloaded an app and have been doing it the last couple of nights. Enjoyed it to be honest. But I'm a bit confused. Do I focus in on my breathing or concentration on the guy talking to me? Sorry if this seems like a stupid question.
    When my mind has been thinking of other things I have brought it back in to focus but wasn't sure what to focus on more.
    I think I need to have this continuously in my routine everyday and now I understand it's not a quick fix and takes time and practise.
    Do you guys listen to the same one or change it up a bit? So many questions.
    Thanks for all the info. Xx

Guided meditations are just that, guided. Usually you'll have the find one that works for you.

Solo meditation is something you do without the guidance of anything pre-recorded. And in my experience, is more effective but harder to practice.

If you're doing a guided meditation, listen to the voice. If you're not, focus on your breathing (or whatever you've chosen to focus on).

Usually the guide will be telling you what to focus on e.g. now do this breathing exercise and notice xyz, now sit and notice your thoughts as they come & go. The voice then gives you breaks so it doesn't interrupt your attempts to perform the exercises.

That makes sense now thank you. I'm going to do this at least once a day. I can easily do the evening but I am going to try to fit in another time too. X

Good luck, it should really help over time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information