Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freaking out pancreas

Freaking out pancreas

Hi everyone, having a bit of a freak out at the minute, worrying about pancreatic cancer, had a niggling pain in upper abdomen mainly centre but slightly left, of course googled and lots of awful things come up. Keep checking the whites of my eyes to see of gone yellow and sorry tmi but also have pale stools, trying to stay calm.but can't get it out of my mind 😥

Re: Freaking out pancreas

Try not to panic? We have loads of people show up here with similar symptoms and I don't think a single one of them has ever had anything nasty.

So I don’t know anything about you, but pancreatic cancer is a common one to worry about- but not a common one to get.
    Have you seen a doctor - for this or your anxiety?

I'm having the same kind of problems at the moment, mostly left side pain up under my ribs and also pain in the centre, mines been going on for 2 months. I'm awaiting ultrasound but GP is confident it's anxiety or ibs related. Some days it's worse than others, like today it's been constant whereas yesterday it came & went and was just a niggling pain. My poos have been all over the place, pale, oily, thin, diahorrea.....it changes every day!
    The only comfort I take is that I've read lots of people complaining of the same kind of pain and we can't all be desperately ill can we!!

Quote Originally Posted by kah View Post
    I'm having the same kind of problems at the moment, mostly left side pain up under my ribs and also pain in the centre, mines been going on for 2 months. I'm awaiting ultrasound but GP is confident it's anxiety or ibs related. Some days it's worse than others, like today it's been constant whereas yesterday it came & went and was just a niggling pain. My poos have been all over the place, pale, oily, thin, diahorrea.....it changes every day!
    The only comfort I take is that I've read lots of people complaining of the same kind of pain and we can't all be desperately ill can we!!
    yes- and I too have had similar symptoms on and off for years!

Thank you for your replies, I've been diagnosed with GAD, currently on Prozac and propranolol, I just worry constantly about everything, and at the minute it's this fear that's taking over, I've aĺso had alot of heartburn, and backache which of course is another symptom of pancreas probs, hate been like this 😥

I totally understand the blind panic that takes over. I've had problems feeling like my foods getting stuck at the top of my oesophagus which I didn't think anything of until I read it was a symptom of PC, now I can't stop thinking about it ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by HIBISCUS30 View Post
    I've aĺso had alot of heartburn, and backache which of course is another symptom of pancreas probs
    Also the most probable sign of reflux and stress.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

When you say pale stools, what do you mean? If you mean yellowy then it's fairly common to get them. They tend to indicate rapid faecal transit which goes hand in hand with anxiety... In a recent mega meltdown in my anxiety my stools were consistently yellow for a few weeks, as soon as my anxiety reduced, the colour changed.

Hi stools seem to have gone darker now, but I'm in a mess with all these pains, chest, back ribs and tummy feel like I'm going mad convinced something seriously wrong, so so scared

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information