Thread: Seeing myself on videos - THE WORST!

Seeing myself on videos - THE WORST!

OK so this issue arises with me rarely as there are barely any people sticking their good-quality video cameras on my face - however! I am very confused, disappointed and moreover anxious about peoples thought process when I see my face , specifically my teeth/lips area when I speak or laugh or sing (Im a singer) on good-quality video. I literally HATE my face. However, I spend lots of time (as does everyone now) using my front camera/instagram/facebook etc on my phone and actually LIKE the way I look from the majority of angles. Its only when other people take videos I LOATHE my entire face. Everyone tells me its normal...but I dont think it is cos I am tall and slim and can satisfy watching my body in ANY angle but as soon as I speak I feel like I look manly and I have big cheekbones/jawline and think I look like my dad (everyone tells me I resemble him so maybe this is what makes me paranoid).
    Ive not been too bad with it as Ive gotten older (Im 26) but when I see my friends, family etc getting on in their lives with jobs, relationships whilst I struggle to find guys who actually want to date me for anything other than sex and get tonnes of job rejections, I cant help but feel its cos Im "ugly".
    The weirdest part is I like myself in pictures...and have been compared to supermodels but I still find I look HORRIBLE and rodant-like in my videos cos I have big teeth :(.

Anyone else have this? In our university we had to edit a film for our dissertation research and I swear EVERYONE watched themselves and didnt bat a second eyelid at any flaws. I neither can see any flaws in my friends

Re: Seeing myself on videos - THE WORST!

In photos you are posing so to speak and will always try to look your best and pose etc but in videos you can't really pose so you will see all of the movements of your face and will see it at different angles when your facial features move...

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information