Thread: Work/Money issues

Work/Money issues

Hi guys,

I'm facing a big issue at the moment. I'm moving to Germany in November and I'm working till then in a job I've had for 3 years. Between college and summer I went between full time and part time? My old manger left and we had a written agreement about my payment/working hours.

So for the next few months I'm only going to be working Sunday (14 hour shifts) and Tuesday evenings. They agreed to pay me time and half for the Sunday work. Now the new manger has gone back on this and I'm now getting like half a wage? This has left me really stressed and panic. My head gone all strange, I'm really having issues breathing. I know it's probably panic but I don't know how to stand up for myself here.

Like my sister says I have the right to say I already agreed something but I don't know? Sorry for ranting here. I'm just really scared. I feel so awful and overwhelmed right now. This is really tossing how I was meant to be set up for money during my time left here :( I could just do with some hugs now

Re: Work/Money issues

Sending massive hugs your way; I'd be petrified in your position, too.

Maybe pick a quiet moment and have a chat with the new manager, explain your position? You don't have to go in all guns blazing at first if that isn't your style.

Thank you so much for the reply x It really means alot. I got myself all worked up to talk to him in person today (I would rather that to phoning him- I can easily just hang up the phone but I can't just run from him lol) but it turns out he wasn't even in today :( So, I might have to wait until next Sunday again to see him in person.

I think its always good to explore options with employers.
    They can only say 'No' ultimately.
    If you can reason well you may suprise yourself with the outcome.

I agree with mezzaninedoor. At this point in time you have nothing to lose by seeking other employment. I've been in similar situations and it's difficult but there should be plenty more work out there. Do you have a copy of this agreement? If so then I don't think the new manager can adjust that agreement.

If I was in your situation and I had enough money to live until I find new employment I would speak to the manager on the phone and say you can not afford to work on those wages and that you have no option but to seek alternative employment because of this. Which I'm guessing is the case anyway.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Do you have an eMail trail that describes the agreement that the employer is reneging on?
    Do you have a Union or a colleague who would stand with you in making the case to the current employer?
    Word of Mouth is still a contract BUT uts obviously harder to prove.

Its like when the Boss promises you a promotion and then says 'never said it', too many bosses with little integrity sometimes

Hi lads thank ye so much for the replies- lucky I was able to work it out. I signed a written contract that had some agreements on it! I also had messages from my previous manger agreeing with the situation. Turns out this guy was trying to cut lots of people ages for silly things also! So it was stressful but I'm getting what I was promised!

glad to hear youve made progress

Thread Information