Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hand muscle twitching ;/

Hand muscle twitching ;/

Hi all, first time posting.. Been reading posts for a bit though, and like the good feed back here. Since everyone's symptoms is a Lil different I figure I'd throw mine in the ring also.

A little info about me I'm a 46 male, good shape, muscular work out often with no loss of strength. I'm ex law enforcement and have worked thru 9/11 in NYC
    So I've seen my share of stress. I have always suffered from health anxiety, since I. CAn remember

It started about 6 months ago my left thumb pad muscle (thenar emenance, I think) started twitching... I do play alot of video games and heavy cell user.. So of course after a few days I Google it.. ;(

You all know the story then.. Set me off in a panic... Ms for sure.. ALS maybe.... So went to a nuero.. Top one in my area.
    He laughs and says I can tell just by looking at you you don't have Parkinson's ALS or Ms, but I will do all the tests to make you feel at ease. So EMG showed pinched c6 and c7 and carpal tunnel in my wrist. But was no definite that that would cause twitch.. Most CTS sites say no it wouldn't..cause twitch... But it also does get achy and tingly at night.

Brain mri was clear.. Just some non specific white matter changes.. Usually w age or migraines.. Spine was clear.

So after a month it kinda subsided a bit, but always felt strange m tingley. And would still twitch once and awile. But kinda stopped stressing about it.

Now 3 weeks ago.. Other hand, right hand.. Below pinky on the blade muscle of hand.. Has been twitching.. Not 24/ 7 but everyday n more so in bed.. And hold cell up will set it off

It really has sank me down again but I don't want to fall into that hole again but have no idea now what could be casing this for so long... Pinky side is definitely not carpal tunnel I believe

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Re: Hand muscle twitching ;/

Pinky side can be cubital tunnel, it's the other tendon. It can be aggravated by heavy cellphone use.

I'd love to believe that, but I'm a very twitchy person... But when they last this long makes me wonder..... :l

You have had more tests than most people will ever have so I think you will have to accept there is nothing serious going on.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Yes of course you are right

I'm just one of those types that likes definite answers as to why... Like I said it's the length of the twitching.
    My mind goes thru like every reason

But thanks for your positive response, does help

Quote Originally Posted by Recdog11 View Post
    I do play a lot of video games and heavy cell user.. .. And hold cell up will set it off...
    That's what stands out to me. Cause = Effect. Curtail those activities for a couple of weeks and see what happens

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Just concerning that's its been almost 4 weeks of on n off twitch in that muscle. I have laid off heavi cell / video games.. Don't matter tho

Quote Originally Posted by Recdog11 View Post
    I have laid off heavi cell / video games.. Don't matter tho
    Exactly.... sometimes things like that happen, especially as we age. You've been cleared by scientific medical testing so..... I had twitching in my left hand thumb pad for weeks all day. It's gone now... just one of those things

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Exactly.... sometimes things like that happen, especially as we age. You've been cleared by scientific medical testing so..... I had twitching in my left hand thumb pad for weeks all day. It's gone now... just one of those things

Positive thoughts
    Really? Makes me feel better! Lol sorry to feel better on your twitch but yea it can be annoying to say the least

Totally did not want to delete what I just wrote... Ment to edit it anyway

Side oh hand is still twitching... Not 24/7 but on n off all day
    Now the left thumb pad... My original twitch started again also.. Can almost feel when it's gonna twitch.. Feels like a funny bone feeling.. Especially at night gets very tingly like it going to sleep
    That's also not 24/7 but now I been obsessing with it n watching... Yea bad idea

Half of me wants to go back to the Dr. But don't want to cause unnecessary anxiety either

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information