Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was doing so well - now a breast lump

Was doing so well - now a breast lump

I had been doing so well with my HA in recent months. Was starting to sort some issues in my life out, and whenever HA cropped up I was usually able to rationalise the thoughts.
    But it's taken hold again over the past few days. I did a breast check a couple of days ago and can feel a lump in the upper part of my breast. Instant panic.
    I had a mammogram just over 3 months ago and got the all clear. I'm trying to tell myself that a lump (about the size of a smallish pea) couldn't grow in that short space of time but I'm worried now in case it's an aggressive form of cancer. I've heard about this but I don't know how quickly aggressive cancer can grow.
    I'm doing my best not to ring the doctor, thinking if I do that I am giving in to my HA. But I can't stop the worrying, the "what if" thoughts won't go away.
    I'd really appreciate any thoughts or advice on this.

Re: Was doing so well - now a breast lump

Does anyone have any advice on this? I'd really like to know if people think that going to the doctor is overreacting or justified. I can't stop worrying about it and right now I can't decide if my thoughts are irrational or not.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on this? I'd really like to know if people think that going to the doctor is overreacting or justified. I can't stop worrying about it and right now I can't decide if my thoughts are irrational or not.

Im sure only recently one of the members had a lump that turned out to be a swallow lymph node. Didn’t look cancerous so no further action I think. The only way to know is to go to the Drs. You must be feeling extremely stressed and anxious right now. Wish I could offer words of comfort xx

Hopefully Carys will see this post as she knows a lot about this sort of thing. Personally I'd go to the doctor and have it checked. You'll only worry otherwise and whilst it may well be nothing to worry about, I think breast lumps should be assessed. I don't think that'd be an overreaction

Thank you both for responding. I rang the doctor and I have an appointment Wednesday morning. Can't believe I'm back here again so soon after my mammogram. My anxiety is so high at the moment. I'm so scared of what she'll say to me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenGirl View Post
    Thank you both for responding. I rang the doctor and I have an appointment Wednesday morning. Can't believe I'm back here again so soon after my mammogram. My anxiety is so high at the moment. I'm so scared of what she'll say to me.
    I really feel for you. The panic I feel over any breast changes is just horrible. I really have got everything crosssed for it to be a benign lump and all ok. Please do update us. Easier said than done I know but try and distract yourself as much as you can today. X

Anyone would feel anxious finding a breast lump, so it doesn't automatically mean you're relapsing with HA. Just remember though that you've very recently had a clear mammogram, so chances are it's nothing to worry about. Even if its something that needs treatment, you've found it quickly, but fingers crossed it's nothing anyway. Good luck.

I'm sending prayers your way! Considering you just had a clear mammogram, this is most likely nothing to be worried about. The Dr will probably conclude it's just normal tissue. *Hugs*

I can't believe it's the night before a breast appointment again. And I can't stop feeling the lump - not since I came home from work at about 8:30 this evening. I honestly think it feels bigger, really feels prominent now. Ugghh - I hate this.
    Don't know how I'll get to sleep tonight but I'll have to somehow.
    I'll post an update tomorrow - whatever the news will be!

Waiting to be seen by the doctor now. So nervous. All sorts going through my head. Will update thread in a while

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information