Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Very worried about skipped heart beats!

Very worried about skipped heart beats!

So for the past week or so I’ve been getting these brief strong skipped beats in the center of my chest. I’ve went to the er about them yesterday and they did an ekg. It was normal but I didn’t have the skipped beat when they did the ekg so I’m scared they missed it.. What really worries me is they are becoming more frequent... I’m scared my heart is suddenly going to stop. When I checked my pulse when it happens I feel my heart stop briefly :(. Should I go back to the er?? I have an appointment with my pcp Thursday I’m just scared I won’t make it..

Re: Very worried about skipped heart beats!

It scares me because it was happening like every hour or so then like every 30 minutes and now it’s like every 5....

Please anyone?

Has anyone had this happen? Now I just had the skipped beat maybe 2 minutes in between god I’m so scared :(

I can’t even sleep because I’m so scared my heart is gonna just quit...

You're fine, it's anxiety, IMO. I get these occasionally. Some days I may experience them all day long, other days I rarely, if ever, experience them. Haven't you had heart related anxiety for some time?

Hello there iv just been through exactly the same as you but mine were constant all day and night and was Terrified and scary when you don't get any replies ' I did a 24 hour monitor 2 weeks ago and got a phone call Friday just gone to go Monday and discuss the results so i am feeling really worried what they will say but being as it's been 2 weeks till they got in touch about results I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about ' so it might be worth going to your doctors and have your mind put at rest because worrying will make them worse then you will worry more so will be worth taking a trip to your doctor just for peace of mind ' best wishes .

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by jackieann3 View Post
    Hello there iv just been through exactly the same as you but mine were constant all day and night and was Terrified and scary when you don't get any replies ' I did a 24 hour monitor 2 weeks ago and got a phone call Friday just gone to go Monday and discuss the results so i am feeling really worried what they will say but being as it's been 2 weeks till they got in touch about results I'm hoping it's nothing to worry about ' so it might be worth going to your doctors and have your mind put at rest because worrying will make them worse then you will worry more so will be worth taking a trip to your doctor just for peace of mind ' best wishes .
    jackieann, he's not getting many replies because he's a medical miracle. He's had ASL and stomach and esophageal cancer and has still survived. He ignores the medical condition he does have--anxiety.

Ok.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information