Thread: Myeloma inquiry

Myeloma inquiry

My Dad has just been diagnosed with Myeloma whilst Ive been away.
    I wonder if anyone knows anything as my Dad went to appointment on his own and they don't seem to be treating at the moment and seeing him again in 2 months after another biopsy / blood test.
    From what I've read I'm a might confused as the prognosis seems to range from 36 to 72 months and yet Dad doesn't seem to have any of the information or even a leaflet from the hospital. ???

Re: Myeloma inquiry

Maybe ask your Dad if you/or member of your can ring the doctor oh his behalf? We had to do with for my Dad a few times when he had a number of serious issues and seemed to have no info? Sorry I can't be of more help x

Sorry to hear this Tony. I hope you all get as much support as needed and you know everyone here support you.

According to Cancer Research UK they don't treat it unless you have symptoms from what I can see. Until then they apply Active Monitoring. Maybe this is a good sign as it means it is slow growing?

I'm really surprised they haven't given him any information about this. Perhaps he needs to tell his GP who I would assume will be very surprised.

Thanks folks. I've just read the same thing from Cancer Research UK, thanks Terry.
    I was just suprised he wasn't sent home with a leaflet at the very least.
    I or my Sister shall be attending his next appointment in 2 months time.

Thread Information