Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One end of collarbone sticks out more

Re: One end of collarbone sticks out more

I know I have been messaging with you about your other health anxiety issues but--this is actually another one we share! I worried about my collarbone being bigger on one side than the other for weeks recently. I poked and prodded at it until I made it swell up and then I was really petrified! I spiraled so much with it that I saw two different doctors, and both told me it was normal and "just the human body" as others here have said.

I would guess you got worried about it (and about lymph nodes) because you've been worried about your breast pain. That's what led me to start hyper-focusing on my collarbone as well. You can always ask your doc if you're really truly worried about it, but it sounds like the same completely normal thing I was worried about, too.

I should also mention it was this panic--spiraling from breast worry to collarbone worry and then beyond--that led me to start taking Paxil a couple weeks ago, on my doctor's recommendation.

Re: One end of collarbone sticks out more

Chrysoprase - you’re kidding! That’s bonkers! Can’t believe we both have the exact same issue :/ But yeah I started checking my collarbone because of the lymph nodes there being associated with the breast etc; You can just imagine my shock at actually being able to feel something. One side on the end is huge compared to the other. But now I’m breathing a bit easy about it. Comes in waves though. Sometimes I start freaking out again. It’s just too much of a coincidence for one side to be swollen and not the other. And my poking and prodding didn’t make it swell. It’s the actual bone that’s more pointy and bigger lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information