Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: extra typos, brain tumour paranoia

Re: extra typos, brain tumour paranoia

My mom had an actual brain tumor (benign and removed and she's all well now, for what it's worth). Anyway, she had very, very obvious and concerning symptoms-not typos.

The nurses can't diagnose you over the phone, and you're calling and telling them you're worried about a brain tumor, so naturally they think you should see the doctor.

I'm currently convinced I have early onset dementia, so I'm totally sympathetic, but what you're doing is noticing completely normal things and attributing them to something extremely unusual and unlikely.

thank you to everyone who’s taken the time to reply to my hysterics. it’s especially helpful hearing from someone whose family has had experiences with brain tumours, and i’m so glad your mom is better now. i’m aware that it’s largely just stress, and i’ve decided to abstain from typing for the rest of the day so as not to make the problem worse unless it's to contact my gf. i’m not a religious person, but i’m convinced you’re all angels 💜💜💜

The Sun (or maybe The Mirror) had a story in it a few years ago about a young girl with a glioblastoma. (I can remember every brain tumour related story I've ever read, such is the anxiety).

She was making severe typos in her text messages to friends/family (she also had other symptoms). So instead of a text saying: "Hey, how are you?" she was texting: "D fkdj kjfkfh"

It's also worth pointing out that she wasn't aware she was texting complete nonsense - it was only those around her who noticed....

You don't have a brain tumour causing typos.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

That’s really useful to know, gaga. I know for a fact that i immediately notice every typo i make and quickly fix it, and nothing is coming out like gibberish. Just basic things like typing a d instead of an f or an i instead of an o, and only on my phone’s tiny keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by stadbab View Post
    I know for a fact that i immediately notice every typo i make and quickly fix it, and nothing is coming out like gibberish. Just basic things like typing a d instead of an f or an i instead of an o, and only on my phone’s tiny keyboard.
    Seriously? How is this a concern and how does that remotely translate to a brain tumor?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

well, when you’re hyper-aware of everything your body does and you’ve been told to look out for problems with hand-eye coordination, everything can become really scary, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by stadbab View Post
    haha.
    Sorry, I don't see the humor but I do see the all too familiar pattern of severe HA :(

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

i don’t see the humour either tbh, i was just trying to add a little levity to the situation. but yeah, it’s eating me alive. i know as soon as i put this fear to bed another one will come up and i’ll latch onto another non-symptom.

What are you doing to treat your HA?

Positive thoughts

cognitive behavioural therapy as well as cbd oils. my appointments are once a week and i always feel better after i get out of them, and i have been given a lot of tools, it’s just a matter of applying them. i used to be on medication (prozac, clonazepam) but the side effects were so bad that i gave up on it. the heartburn was debilitating, and the headaches made me think something was wrong with my brain. unfortunately, that’s when the HA reared its ugly head. i worried in the past, like if i had breast pain, but now it’s consuming me. i only started the oils last week, and thankfully because there’s no thc it doesn’t get me high. i’ve been told it will take a few weeks before i get used to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information