Thread: Can HA cause physical symptoms?

Can HA cause physical symptoms?

Having been a HA sufferer for many years now, I have been wondering, is it possible for HA, particularly severe HA, to actually manifest in physical symptoms. I know it can obviously lead to panic attacks and the like. I am more wondering, could the aches and pains we feel in various parts of the body that we worry about be caused by the HA - i.e. are some of the symptoms we experience in our heads so to speak?

Re: Can HA cause physical symptoms?

absolutely. over the years my HA has manifested itself as headaches, nausea (sometimes to the point of throwing up), seeing stars, general clumsiness, dizziness, weight loss, difficulty speaking, the works. if all that sounds like a brain tumour to you, same here, but i’ve gotten myself checked out for each and every one of these symptoms and been given a clean bill of health every time. anxiety can ruin you, body and soul. it’s so bad that my autofill puts in ‘cancer’ when i type the letters ‘can’ because it just assumes that i’m googling another symptom. don’t be like me!!

Absolutely!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

100% yes.
    I used to think there was no way my aches and pains could be a manifestation of my anxiety but after one particular test where I'd been having pelvic pain for months on end relentlessly, I was told by the lady doing the test that everything looked fine and I walked out of that room and the pain immediately disappeared never to return!!! I learnt there and then that pretty much everything I feel physically is not real. The battle starts when trying to work out what is real and what isn't but that's another story!!!

Any stress can cause physical symptoms, in almost any form.

Thread Information