Thread: Sigh.. HA about my daughter..

Sigh.. HA about my daughter..

So, I know up front, my real issue all around is my catastrophic thinking. I assume the worst about any situation, and its something I am working with my counselor on.

That said, I noticed something that got my worrying going, but I dont know if it is even anything at all. This weekend my daughter had a few episodes where she had to go to the bathroom a few times in short succession, one time she didnt even actually pee. Now, she doesn't report any pain, and the pee looked normal, so I don't know what to make of it. She did it again this afternoon, so it's not just a one off thing.

My mind goes to things like type 1 diabetes, or worse, but she has no other symptoms (thirst, hunger, energy, etc). I know it is very likely nothing, but there is always that little worry in the back of my mind.

Re: Sigh.. HA about my daughter..

What would your therapist say?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

About this.. that's a good question actually, I'm not too sure. Likely that I am over thinking this (especially since she isnt even doing it all the time).

Like I said, I know my real problem is expecting the worst, no matter what it is. We are working on it, but it's still got a LONG way to go.

Well... try not to seek reassurance over something so trivial, especially when there's nothing to back up your imagination. I'm sure your therapist would agree.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

As an anxiety sufferer you will know stress can make you want to go more often. Sometimes it's just a dribble but the sensation was there.

Knowing this what could your daughter, who I'm presuming is young, be feeling? Could she have a reason e.g. excitement?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    As an anxiety sufferer you will know stress can make you want to go more often. Sometimes it's just a dribble but the sensation was there.

Knowing this what could your daughter, who I'm presuming is young, be feeling? Could she have a reason e.g. excitement?
    That is certainly an interesting idea. On Sunday it happened when she was tired after being out all day. Yesterday was more excitement before going to the pool...

My daughter (5) does this sometimes. I think it’s that she’s so busy & doesn’t want to stop to wee, that when she does stop she’s not emptying her bladder properly- hence needing to go again 10 minutes later.

I wouldn’t worry if she’s not showing any other signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    My daughter (5) does this sometimes. I think it’s that she’s so busy & doesn’t want to stop to wee, that when she does stop she’s not emptying her bladder properly- hence needing to go again 10 minutes later.

I wouldn’t worry if she’s not showing any other signs.
    Hmm.. now there is an idea that makes sense, especially with it being infrequent and without other symptoms. She has had UTI before, but they are always obvious (she is in pain), and dont just come and go. She is totally normal otherwise (drinking and eating normal both ways).

As crazy as it sounds, I did also have the idea that Grandma has unintentionally influenced her. Grandma has crazy uncontrolled T2 (been fighting with her to get help, but she hates docs), and can frequently use the bathroom (for obvious reasons). She recently went on a trip with her... wonder if watching Grandma for a month normalized it in her head .....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    That is certainly an interesting idea. On Sunday it happened when she was tired after being out all day. Yesterday was more excitement before going to the pool...
    Excitement and anxiety can often seem similar in bodily sensations hence why excitement can be a trigger too as you think you may "go over the edge" and end up in panic.

I thought all kids get excited and need a toilet stop?

Thread Information