Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiralling - vision

Panic over pain and symptoms

Hi
    I have had quite a heavy week of drinking due to a friends wedding and parties. I was out last night and felt horribly hungover today. I just woke up with a strong tummy ache. This faded after going to the toilet bur I am freaking out as I have a weird dull ache on my left lower back. After reading posts on here i have convinced myself it's my kidneys or something and got myself into a state please help

Re: Panic over pain and symptoms

Respectfully, how can we help? This is self inflicted. You're paying the price for over indulgence Hydrate and take some OTC meds for the pain.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Do you think I have damaged my kidneus? Do I need to go to hospital? I am having a huge panic attack

Quote Originally Posted by LF87 View Post
    Do you think I have damaged my kidneus? Do I need to go to hospital? I am having a huge panic attack
    Damaged? After "a week" of heavy drinking? Not even close, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bin tenn View Post
    Damaged? After "a week" of heavy drinking? Not even close, IMO.
    Thanks Bin tenn. I do drink a bit more than that. Most nights I'll have a half a bottle to a bottle so I'm worried the excess of this week combined with this might have done damage. My friend who is a nurse is saying it takes years and years of heavy drinking to inflict real damage but I am so worried. The pain has eased off a little but still coming in waves. Like a dull ache on my lower left back. I just don't know what I do. It's awful feeling this in the middle of the night because there's no one to talk to. I am really struggling to stay rational

Thanks Bin tenn. I do drink a bit more than that. Most nights I'll have a half a bottle to a bottle so I'm worried the excess of this week combined with this might have done damage. My friend who is a nurse is saying it takes years and years of heavy drinking to inflict real damage but I am so worried. The pain has eased off a little but still coming in waves. Like a dull ache on my lower left back. I just don't know what I do. It's awful feeling this in the middle of the night because there's no one to talk to. I am really struggling to stay rational
    That's exactly right, as far as I understand it. Just like it takes years and years of drinking to cause organ damage, it usually takes years and years for something such as smoking to cause cancer, or years and years of poor diet / lifestyle to cause heart disease. With that being said, alcohol is generally not good for anxiety. I've never been a drinker, but I used to have three or four beers once a month or so. I stopped altogether because it was causing an uptick in anxiety. Have you tried stopping altogether? It certainly wouldn't hurt to drop it, and it'd probably help your anxiety overall if you drink on a regular basis.

Yeah it is a real double edged sword for me. I drink on an evening to help with anxiety which helps short term. Then I'm awake during the night and feel horrid the next day. So the cycle continues. I have to pack it in but finding the concept hard. I've used it as a crutch for a while now and guess I'm scared to be without. But I know I have to. I'm just going around in circles. Do you think the pain could just be a general non explainable pain? I freak whenever I have pain. Trying to remind myself aches and pains can just appear for no real reason then go. But keep going back to kidney's worry

Yeah it is a real double edged sword for me. I drink on an evening to help with anxiety which helps short term. Then I'm awake during the night and feel horrid the next day. So the cycle continues. I have to pack it in but finding the concept hard. I've used it as a crutch for a while now and guess I'm scared to be without. But I know I have to. I'm just going around in circles. Do you think the pain could just be a general non explainable pain? I freak whenever I have pain. Trying to remind myself aches and pains can just appear for no real reason then go. But keep going back to kidney's worry
    That's how a lot of addiction begins. Self medicating. I'd personally recommend doing what you can to stop sooner rather than later. No judgement, however. I have an addiction (cigarettes) and I also need to quit, so I know how hard it is.

Pain often doesn't have an apparent answer, at least for me. I have aches and pains all the time in random places. Muscle tension probably. Maybe that's yours, too?

You’ve probably tweaked your back a bit. I don’t drink but I know that a week’s worth of drinking is definitely not going to damage your kidneys

Thanks for these replies. So I was just sick which I'm blaming on the hangover that isn't unusual for me. But I am now freaking out over the colour. It was a really light browny colour mixed with a bile colour. Does this mean I vomited blood ? Or is that a normal vomit xolour ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information