Thread: just a question!

just a question!

I've now been on cipralex the last 6 and a bit weeks and finally saw some light at the end of the tunnel on tuesday and today (thursday) having the best days I've had in terms of anxiety and irrational thoughts, yesterday was'nt too good as am in process of starting a new rotation going back on phased retrun job.

Anyway panic as I tend to do I phoned the dr yesterday (after my day at work) and she advised me to double my dose from 10 to 20mg. My quandry is whether the 10mg had just started to work as I felt well the day before this and I just didnt give them enough time to work. As I took 20mg yesterday and today I'm wondering what impact this might have on the fact that I think I've FINALLY turned a corner and maybe the 10mg was just starting to work.

Any advice welcome

thanks

Re: just a question!

Why don't you stay on the 10mg for now and see how it goes.

No need to up the dose if it is working ok at the lower one as it will just take longer to get off when you do.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hey.

Sorry for the late reply. I'd be inclined to agree. If the 10mg is helpful, there isn't a lot of point in going up to 20mg. You can always increase in the future should you need to.

xx

I did bite the bullet and increase my dosage to 20mg the first week and a half was fantastic but this last week I've had a few of niggles creeping back, does anyone how long an increase takes to kick into your system? and at this stage would you expect these feelings likely to be due to an increase in the dose?

I've been feeling a bit jittery first thing,
    a bit of difficulty concentrating
    return of minimal irrational thoughts

I guess its a bit puzzling as I'd been on them for over a week and felt really good!

Sorry to read you are still having problems with your new meds

My experience with GP's and medication seems to be that they try to get you onto the "therapeutic dose" by starting you off on a low dose and increasing it.

However as everyone is different I do think that what dose is "therapeutic" for one person might actually be totally different for the next person and this "therapeutic dose" is just a general guide rather than an absolute rule.

I've been on 10 mg for about 3 years now and find it's all I need.
    People are different though so you may need the 20mg Only time will tell I guess.
    Phill

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Thread Information