I already kind of discussed this in the health anxiety forum, but I figured it was more relevant to go into my worries on here as I was hoping someone might understand or be able to relate. A week or so ago I went to the GP because I still had symptoms of a UTI after taking a course of antibiotics, but I was worried it had escalated into a kidney infection as I also was having back pain, nausea and pelvic pain etc. The doctor refused to dip it there and then, and then decided frankly she thought from my description of symptoms I have PID. She didn't do an examination, feel my tummy, check for any discharge etc, she just decided based on my vague symptoms.

Seeing as I suffer from these symptoms a lot of the time due to other conditions (I have UC, a bladder condition and functional dyspepsia as well) it shocked me that she would come out with this seeing as it seemed a really odd conclusion to make suddenly, and I also haven't had intercourse in over 2 years.

I know PID can be caused by bacteria maybe and doesn't necessarily have to be caused by sex, but it's prompted me to go into health anxiety overload. I recently went to the GUM clinic, which was a 3 hour wait, and I couldn't go through with the full speculum test due to the fact I get pain down below from tenseness and my general symptoms, so she just took swabs and blood tests and sent them off. I was negative for thrush and BV.

I'm now anxious that I should have had the full check with her pressing on my vaginal walls and so forth because I'm now freaking out that I have undiagnosed PID that's been going on for years. I turned it down at the time for the same reasons (pain, tenseness, worrying about it affecting my condition) but now I feel maybe I should have just had her check to rule it out... I'm not really up for waiting another 3 hours at the GUM clinic as I don't have that kind of time, so I guess the most I can do is wait for these results and see what happens.

Are there any females here with experience of PID and does it seem likely just I do have it from someone jumping to that conclusion without examination? I know it can cause vague symptoms or none at all, but if I didn't have my conditions then it'd be a lot easier to diagnose.

Sorry for the long post, and thank you for reading!