Thread: Dizziness/Swaying/On a boat feeling....when will it end!?!?

Dizziness/Swaying/On a boat feeling....when will it end!?!?

Hi Everyone,

I suffer from severe health anxiety & panic disorder, have done for the past year. Just to give you a insight of how bad it is, I’ve had 15 ECGs in the past year, Ct scan (Head), chest x Ray, bloods, 24hr urine test, 24hr heart monitor.....Yes, it’s pretty bad!

The one symptom that’s really getting me down at the moment is constant dizziness! I’ve had my ears checked out by 6 doctors and they say everything is fine.

I have what seems to be constant dizziness. It’s not vertigo but like a swaying/off balance feeling in my head. It gets worse when I talk to people, I start to sway/feel dizzy/think I’m in a dream and that causes intense panic & lots of adrenaline. It just seem to be constant and my only bit of relief from it is when I’m in the bedroom. My doctor has put it down to anxiety.

Anyone know how to stop it or have any advice as it’s just ruining my life! It’s just horrible and makes me feel so depressed.

Thanks

Re: Dizziness/Swaying/On a boat feeling....when will it end!?!?

Please read THIS. Treating your anxiety will also address the symptom.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I'm with Fishmanpa on this. It's the main symptom of panic I used to get, and since you experience it more when talking to people, it adds up. The single most helpful piece of information I learned having CBT for panic, was that you are less likely to faint during a panic attack than at almost any other time. With the exception of one very specific phobia, blood pressure rises during panic, whereas people faint due to a drop in blood pressure. It takes practice, but learning to believe that this cannot hurt you is key to overcoming it. It feels awful but nothing bad will happen. Are you getting any help with your anxiety?

You might be dizzy from posting three threads about exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Please read THIS. Treating your anxiety will also address the symptom.

Positive thoughts
    Thanks for replying. I’ve really got to work on my anxiety I know but it’s just so hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dying_Swan View Post
    I'm with Fishmanpa on this. It's the main symptom of panic I used to get, and since you experience it more when talking to people, it adds up. The single most helpful piece of information I learned having CBT for panic, was that you are less likely to faint during a panic attack than at almost any other time. With the exception of one very specific phobia, blood pressure rises during panic, whereas people faint due to a drop in blood pressure. It takes practice, but learning to believe that this cannot hurt you is key to overcoming it. It feels awful but nothing bad will happen. Are you getting any help with your anxiety?
    Thanks for replying. It’s just so hard at the moment, I’m hypersensitive to every sensation in my body. I’ve had CBT but never stuck at it as my mind just couldn’t focus. I think maybe a trip to the doctor, some medication & start CBT again.

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    You might be dizzy from posting three threads about exactly the same thing.
    Haha maybe! I’m just in a hole at the moment and desperately trying to get myself out.

Quote Originally Posted by allen1989 View Post
    Thanks for replying. It’s just so hard at the moment, I’m hypersensitive to every sensation in my body. I’ve had CBT but never stuck at it as my mind just couldn’t focus. I think maybe a trip to the doctor, some medication & start CBT again.
    Go for it! Yes, it is hard but you can overcome it. Keep practising, keep talking to people and don't avoid situations that will make you panic. Exposing yourself to those feelings and learning to believe they are harmless will help you get past them.

I have this exactly. Thought I had MS, got a clear MRI and still spinning the same sh**.

Thread Information