Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Fearing ALS

Re: Fearing ALS

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    I have muscle fatigue and burning in both legs, both arms, and both hands. Legs started first then hands and arms about 1-2 days later. Also have twitching in both legs and my left arm. My hands feel sore when using my phone. My arms feel sore holding them up to the keyboard. My shins feel sore. My calves feel sore. Even the bottoms of my feet have felt sore sometimes.
    Are you posting on this thread to offer reassurance or simply to keep your self indulgent posting going.

If I get no answer your post will be deleted, as will future posts of a similar nature.

I thank you for replying everyone. It’s very hard right now. My limbs are shaking from any use however little. Bending to pick something I shake, lifting my arm for more than a few seconds I shake. Turning around in bed I shake. I did like 5 pushups and my arms were trembling after. I feel like I tremble all over very easily just from using my body normally. This is scaring me as I feel like I’m progressively losing my muscle strength and I’m scared that it’s the beginning of something serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Me too!
    The thing is, you’re lying around all day full of tension. What do you expect? The anxiety tenses your muscles which then hurt and make you go a bit jelly like.

Try googling anxiety symptoms instead. Come on, please for your own sake - get up and go out! The weather is so lovely this week, there is no excuse. Your girlfriend is working all hours and doing everything and you’re doing what? Googling?
    I’m actually going out this evening to choose baby clothing.

I tried searching for muscle shaking linked to anxiety and it still gives me results about MS... It’s not a tremor though more like when you exercise and shake after.

Seymour, give it up!

You're not going to find an answer by searching endlessly online, you'll just lose huge chunks of your life and there's no need.

If I’m being honest, both. I have very similar symptoms as Seymour, and I find it unlikely we would both have ALS.

I just went out and jogged for about 8-9 minutes. My legs got very tired :(

I have a post-workout burn / fatigue feeling in literally every limb.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I tried searching for muscle shaking linked to anxiety and it still gives me results about MS... It’s not a tremor though more like when you exercise and shake after.
    REALLY?

Muscles, muscle tension, stiffness, muscle twitching, tight scalp or neck

What you feel:

You feel like your muscles are always tight or strained, sometimes to the point of frequent pain, or even persistent and ongoing pain. Some may also find the pain so restricting and debilitating that it prevents physical activity, and sometimes to the point of becoming bed ridden. It’s also common to experience pain or cramps in any of the body’s muscles.

A particular joint in your body feels unusually stiff and sore, or hard to move. It may even feel arthritic. Sometimes you feel you may be ‘seizing up’.
    For no apparent reason, a particular muscle will begin to twitch. This twitching will continue for an unusual amount of time before it stops of its own accord. Sometimes it twitches so long it becomes sore, and may continue on and off for days.

You may feel that your scalp is sore, has shooting pains, or that the back of your neck and head are very tense. Even though there is no apparent reason for this, they continue to.

What causes this:

Stress biology causes muscles to contract (tighten) so that the body is more resilient to an attack. The higher the stress biology, the more tense the muscles will be. Some people experience mild tenseness while others may experience great pain, sometimes to the point of immobility. Others experience uncontrollable muscle twitching. It can be one particular muscle over and over again, or it can be a wide variety of muscles. Sometimes the twitching can last for days.
    Regular exercise helps to keep tight muscles relaxed. Some find relief through massage therapy or warm baths. As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

If you have Netflix, go watch the episode of The Mind Explained about Anxiety. You absolutely have anxiety symptoms.

And here is a cold truth for you, say for an instant you actually had ALS (you dont, but for debate sake pretend you did), what would you do? It is basically untreatable, and invariably fatal save for rare instances. Why waste what life you have left here posting away. Go live a little.

You know full well you don't have ALS. And if you are convinced you have MS, we can't help you. Go see a neurologist and get the help you need.

Quote Originally Posted by darkside4k View Post
    If I’m being honest, both. I have very similar symptoms as Seymour, and I find it unlikely we would both have ALS.

I just went out and jogged for about 8-9 minutes. My legs got very tired :(

I have a post-workout burn / fatigue feeling in literally every limb.
    Congratulations!! That's actually really exciting you are feeling post-workout burn/fatigue in literally every limb. That means your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do!! I feel this every single morning after I run. It indicates to me that my muscles are working, growing and getting stronger. This is such exciting news that you should be jumping up and down that your body is working!

And Seymor, you are 110% correct! You are losing muscle strength because you aren't doing anything.. Your body is doing exactly what it is supposed to do when you move after being sedentary. It shakes. It hurts. I have spent most of my HA causing my own symptoms because of poking, prodding, tensing, checking, testing, etc.

Best Wishes.

Not a doctor or a psychologist, just a guy who's been to a lot of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    Like I said to you before you need to look at mental health in terms of having a physical toll on hit body like any illness. You would have these issues if you started exercise when you had the flu.

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread Information