Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Fearing ALS

Re: Fearing ALS

That's a real shame. When you're in the grip of bad HA the absolute last thing you need is time on your hands.

Until this year, I hadn't had more than a week of holiday leave (other than for BCC surgery) in around five years, because I know that longer than that and the anxiety can get its claws in.

My girlfriend is really pushing me to go out though even if only for groceries and I find that my legs are a bit better if I move around than if I lie on the sofa for six hours straight.

She is at work during the day though so I’m left alone with my failing body and mind, and Google.

For what it's worth, being off, spending your days ruminating on every physical sensation, googling and posting for reassurance on a forum is detrimental to your mental and physical health. It needs to be addressed with your therapist pronto.

You're doing the exact same thing several other serial posting members have done and those threads go for hundreds of pages. This really needs to be addressed as you're going to be a father soon (which IMO is part of the trigger here).

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Okay, this is going to sound horrible and I'm sorry, but...

Please quit with the melodrama? It's embarrassing for everyone, and given that everybody here is suffering one way or other it's unlikely to earn you much sympathy.

You don't have to be left alone, you just have to accept you might feel rough for a bit and then go out and do stuff.

Please don't become another Darkside? Trust me, he's not a role model you want to emulate.

I really didn’t mean to sound melodramatic at all, sorry about that!

Reading all the stories on the forum about people with twitches that ended up fine should reassure me and I don’t know why it doesn’t! I think it’s because my legs are so stiff and burning and I shake from every muscle use so I’m thinking it is clinical weakness progressing or something. Most if not all people on the boards seem to have only the twitching ☹️

I have muscle fatigue and burning in both legs, both arms, and both hands. Legs started first then hands and arms about 1-2 days later. Also have twitching in both legs and my left arm. My hands feel sore when using my phone. My arms feel sore holding them up to the keyboard. My shins feel sore. My calves feel sore. Even the bottoms of my feet have felt sore sometimes.
    Last edited by darkside4k; 17-09-19 at 19:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Seymour View Post
    I’m not sure if there is even one person who’s had all my symptoms of weakness, shaking, burning legs and it turned out benign?
    Myself, lowfyr and another member told you we had. I also suspect Carnation has too as her support thread on multiple occasions has mentioned wobbly legs and I know she has twitches. Take it from us, we've seen the ALS spiralling threads for years and they are not just about twitches.

^ Add me to that list too! I’ve recently started trying to roller skate again on top of the normal pain, shakes and twitches, it’s been fun to say the least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Me too!
    The thing is, you’re lying around all day full of tension. What do you expect? The anxiety tenses your muscles which then hurt and make you go a bit jelly like.

Try googling anxiety symptoms instead. Come on, please for your own sake - get up and go out! The weather is so lovely this week, there is no excuse. Your girlfriend is working all hours and doing everything and you’re doing what? Googling?

Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread Information