Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

Re: What would you do?

Thanks both, the only link I can make and I do believe it’s a weak link is I will have consumed some form of dairy. But there are so so so many other times I eat dairy and I’m fine that I’m not sure if it’s a link.

You’re right in that my anxiety is driving the thoughts for sure, I’ve lost too many people in my life. I almost don’t know how else to think??

I'm really sorry, and I'm sorry I was insensitive. This must be very tough for you. To judge by all the testing you've had done, though, it seems incredibly unlikely that there's anything wrong.

I know it doesn't help, but with determination you can come back from the anxiety.

I have a similar issue with dairy, which ironically came about after cutting it out around a decade ago. Mostly I'm fine with cheese and yogurt, and not so fine with milk and cream. I looked into it a bit and apparently you can become mildly lactose intolerant after cutting it out, and milk/cream has more lactose than cheese/yogurt. I guess you can build up tolerance by eating more of it. I usually know what I can eat now, but woe betide me if I dare to eat a creamy pasta sauce in a restaurant! Seriously though, it is worth a thought. For me it can happen within half an hour of eating said cream. Other times I can be totally fine. Cooked creamy sauces are worse for me than straight up cream. Not a clue why. Do also see if you think it could be linked to your cycle.
    I'm sorry to hear you've suffered losses and I am sure that contributes to how you're feeling. Have you had any therapy?

I do need therapy and will look into this once this is all resolved. I just need some closure on this. Would colon cancer symptoms come and go like this. I was fine for the last 6 weeks and actually feeling ok until yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady123 View Post
    I do need therapy and will look into this once this is all resolved. I just need some closure on this. Would colon cancer symptoms come and go like this. I was fine for the last 6 weeks and actually feeling ok until yesterday.
    As fishmanpa often says “cancer symptoms don’t come and go”.

What has your doctor suggested doing? Have they done any tests at all?

Only a stool test for bacteria which was clear

Quote Originally Posted by Lady123 View Post
    I'm not an expert or a doctor, but my Dad had colon cancer so I saw it up close. His symptoms did not come and go and once he was ill, he was ill. Like many illnesses, people with cancer may get good and bad days, but I'd be very surprised if you got 6 weeks between symptoms if it were a tumour causing them.

I definitely think it would be worth keeping a diary for a few months - what you've eaten and drunk, anxiety levels, and symptoms. You might well find some sort of pattern you've not yet noticed. It would probably be useful for your doctor too, if you decide to proceed with further tests.

Thanks so much and I’m sorry to hear about your dad, that must have been tough. Xx

I will start keeping a diary. Maybe avoid dairy for a few weeks and reintroduce. Thanks for your suggestions and support I really do appreciate it so much.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information