Thread: Ectopic beats - loads everyday! Worried!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New here - severe health anxiety!

Hi all,

I am new here but have been using this site as a way to try and relax my mind! However recently my anxiety has got worse and I needed to reach out. This is a bit messy and I may sound a bit crazy with the amount of symptoms I’m feeling!

So about a month ago I began noticing that my heart was skipping beats - these were only a couple a day. However after a week or so I began noticing them becoming more frequent. So now I notice (particularly after I eat) that I have a lot more skipped beats.

I ended up in A&E on the 31st July due to palpitations and chest pain. Had an ECG, oxygen levels checked - all normal. Minus a slightly elevated heart rate. I was told to follow up with my GP if I was still concerned, but they couldn’t find anything of concern. So I went to my GP, as the skipped beats continued.

I also have moments in the day where my heart will just start beating so fast and gives a weird weak, uneasy feeling in my stomach!

They did another ECG which came back normal and a blood test. Thyroid function etc normal but my CBC was satisfactory. Of course that worries me but they said it’s nothing to worry about. Is satisfactory on a blood test normal??

Alongside this, I feel upper back pain, itching all over, headaches and feel like something constantly stuck in my throat! And pressure on my chest...I also have a fear of leukaemia! As I felt I was bruising easily! I had my blood pressure taken and it left Petechiae on my skin! It disappeared after 5 days but that worried me a lot.

I now have itching skin all over, occasional night sweats (not drenching) and not every night but of course I only notice when it does happen and a suffocating feeling, pain (on and off) in my mid upper back and chest pressure. Really fatigued and stressed out!

So all of this is driving me crazy! I keep thinking something is definitely wrong, as I haven’t felt quite myself for about 5 weeks now!

I am waiting on a 24 hour ECG now but I’m also afraid that something else is wrong. Please can someone help put my mind at ease! Anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by PiaR; 21-08-19 at 10:29. Reason: Not complete

Thread Information