Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ectopic beats - loads everyday! Worried!

Re: Extreme Fatigue - is this normal?

Hi ankietyjoe - thank you for your message. Really appreciate it. I will try the salt water. I just find it shocking that anxiety can make you sooooo exhausted, alongside all the other ways it can make you feel. I keep thinking something else must be wrong. I know I just need to calm down and get a good sleep, which I haven’t done for a while. Such a vicious cycle! I feel like I have a cold but there’s no cold! :( thank you for your response though!

For what it's worth, what you're describing sounds quite a lot like the way I feel when my depression acts up. Every part of my body aches, and moving at all can feel like a superhuman effort.

When your anxiety is high, cortisol and adrenaline are high (and vice versa).

When those hormones are present, all the repair functions in the body are shut down. You don't heal, you don't digest, your body doesn't repair anything and you also smash through your nutritional reserves too.

When I had fatigue the first time (it was horrendous) I ended up eating 15 portions of veg a day AND taking high quality supplements AND taking organic wheatgrass juice powder AND fasted from time to time to give my gut a break AND cut out all exercise apart from low intensity walking etc AND meditated AND etc etc etc.

It's basically a rebuilding exercise, but the most important thing is to bring your body down again, you have to trigger the parasympathetic nervous system into repair/rest mode.

Hi BlueIris,

Thank you for your message. It is such a horrendous feeling! I know it doesn’t help that my sleep pattern isn’t great either. Lately I feel like I’m just lying there awake sometimes and not really sleeping, if it makes sense. Just feel so tired allllll the time!

I had one of those nights last night. Waking up every couple of hours and anxiety dreams in-between.

Hi Ankietyjoe,

Thank you so much for this. Wow - I didn’t realise it that it realised this hormone and that was the effects! I know anxiety can make you feel awful but this awful? It’s such a vicious cycle with health anxiety because I can’t tell what’s happening to me! Thank you for your message though. It’s made me feel better!

Sorry me again...should I be worried?

Hi all!
    Sorry I know I’m basically posting a thread a day due to my high anxiety levels. I can’t seem to just accept that I’m okay.

So due to my ectopic heartbeats and generally feeling unwell, my GP arranged a blood test for me. The results came back normal but my CBC was satisfactory. When I asked the receptionist she did say that the doctors comment was “Satisfactory - no further action”. Although I know that I should be happy and reassured - I’m not :(

Does satisfactory mean there’s something a miss? I have been worrying about blood cancers lately because I felt I was bruising easily.

I haven’t had any weight loss of anything but I do feel tired and weak in general.

Re: Sorry me again...should I be worried?

Satisfactory is doctor-speak for "all good", don't fret.

Hi BlueIris,

Thank you - that makes me feel better! Guess I was just worried that the word normal was not used!

Nah, it's just semantics You're golden.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information