Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ectopic beats - loads everyday! Worried!

New here - severe health anxiety!

Hi all,

I am new here but have been using this site as a way to try and relax my mind! However recently my anxiety has got worse and I needed to reach out. This is a bit messy and I may sound a bit crazy with the amount of symptoms I’m feeling!

So about a month ago I began noticing that my heart was skipping beats - these were only a couple a day. However after a week or so I began noticing them becoming more frequent. So now I notice (particularly after I eat) that I have a lot more skipped beats.

I ended up in A&E on the 31st July due to palpitations and chest pain. Had an ECG, oxygen levels checked - all normal. Minus a slightly elevated heart rate. I was told to follow up with my GP if I was still concerned, but they couldn’t find anything of concern. So I went to my GP, as the skipped beats continued.

I also have moments in the day where my heart will just start beating so fast and gives a weird weak, uneasy feeling in my stomach!

They did another ECG which came back normal and a blood test. Thyroid function etc normal but my CBC was satisfactory. Of course that worries me but they said it’s nothing to worry about. Is satisfactory on a blood test normal??

Alongside this, I feel upper back pain, itching all over, headaches and feel like something constantly stuck in my throat! And pressure on my chest...I also have a fear of leukaemia! As I felt I was bruising easily! I had my blood pressure taken and it left Petechiae on my skin! It disappeared after 5 days but that worried me a lot.

I now have itching skin all over, occasional night sweats (not drenching) and not every night but of course I only notice when it does happen and a suffocating feeling, pain (on and off) in my mid upper back and chest pressure. Really fatigued and stressed out!

So all of this is driving me crazy! I keep thinking something is definitely wrong, as I haven’t felt quite myself for about 5 weeks now!

I am waiting on a 24 hour ECG now but I’m also afraid that something else is wrong. Please can someone help put my mind at ease! Anyone else experienced this?
    Last edited by PiaR; 21-08-19 at 10:29. Reason: Not complete

Re: New here - severe health anxiety!

Hi and welcome.
    Has all of this happened at the same time or are the symptoms evolving? I find that I'll start with one worry and once my anxiety is off more & more things pop up to worry about. Sometimes I can barely remember the original worry! Not saying that's the case with you but if it is, you might want to stop and think if those extra pains are anxiety induced xx

Hi Kah,

Thank you so much for your quick response - really appreciate it!

I have had health anxiety for many years and unfortunately have googled so much previously that now when certain symptoms appear, I automatically assume the worst.

I would say that the symptoms are evolving and completely see your point. When I think about it, it all started with the skipped beats and as I started to notice them more, the pains started and I suddenly ended up in A&E. Its very hard to tell though with anxiety. I know anxiety can really mess with your mind and make you feel physically unwell but I cannot seem to accept that it could be anxiety .

Can anxiety cause these symptoms??

Take a look at THIS.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

That is exactly how I am. I no longer Google but have so much information from previous worries that I think I'm half qualified to be a doctor lol!!! Problem is, every ache & pain I can put down to something terrible.
    And as much as I tell myself it's 'just anxiety' as soon as I think 'yes but what if' all reasoning goes out the window!!

I think the the majority of people with HA are in this vicious cycle ☹️

Thank you so much for that Fishmanpa!

Kah - I know!! Its is so annoying. In this case, ignorance is really bliss. I wish I didn't google so much cause now I can't get away from it.

Been feeling pretty awful today - loads of skipped heart beats, that weird suffocating feeling, headaches and feeling so fatigued. Doing my head in!

I think its also cause I'm stressing myself out that my CBC was satisfactory - although the receptionist said to me that its nothing to worry about, my anxiety is haunting me with the what ifs!

I've has repeated cycles of this bad health anxiety but a few months ago, I was doing SO well and starting to toughen up. Now I am back to square one!

Use that to your advantage and keep telling yourself you've managed to fight the anxiety once, you can do it again ����

Ectopic beats - loads everyday! Worried!

Hi,

So I have been experiencing ectopic beats for the past month. Been to the GP and did two ECG, both came back normal. Had blood tests done all came back normal/satisfactory... however yesterday I noticed I have been getting a lot! Like one every few minutes - it gets much worse after I eat. I am aware ectopic beats can get worse with anxiety but it is possible for ectopics to continue even when you are trying to stay calm? I am trying my best not to think about them and they still keep happening. Which makes me worry that my heart is under some sort of strain! Alongside this having weird pressure in my throat!

My question is - is it possible to having symptoms from anxiety even if your trying to keep calm? Can we be anxious and get symptoms even when we don't think we are stressed? I'm trying so hard to relax but its really annoying that even when you think rationally and you still get symptoms!! HELP please!

Re: Ectopic beats - loads everyday! Worried!

Quote Originally Posted by PiaR View Post
    My question is - is it possible to having symptoms from anxiety even if your trying to keep calm? Can we be anxious and get symptoms even when we don't think we are stressed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Re: Ectopic beats - loads everyday! Worried!

Thank you Fishmanpa - that actually really helps! Driving me mad - trying so hard to not be anxious but I still feel awful!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information