Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Migraines

Re: Migraines

Well that’s good-ish! Luckily you’ve found a potential reason & will get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Well that’s good-ish! Luckily you’ve found a potential reason & will get some help.
    Thanks Scass

After a pretty ok weekend I have had another migraine today..... I’m trying to be rationale about it but I’m so worried.

I’m booked to see my GP on Wednesday but I’m utterly exhausted and now seem to be living in fear of when the next one will hit me.

I’m so scared I’m going to be told it’s something bad.

Cariad1 - Aside from their increased frequency, are these migraines the same as the ones you had previously?

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    Cariad1 - Aside from their increased frequency, are these migraines the same as the ones you had previously?
    They don’t feel as intense, usually I have one every 4-6 months and they wipe me out for days but the latest ones seem to be not as intense. I still have the aura, headachey after aura and a sicky feeling but seems to be on a smaller scale.

Over the space of a week and a half now I have had 5 migraine episodes, it’s been a totally nightmare!

Xx

Please try not to panic? I've had similar and I was perfectly fine after.

Your GP will be able to reassure you (I feared brain tumours from 2012 right up until early this year. I'm a self-declared expert on them).

I assume you're worrying about a brain tumour, but when they cause a headache they're progressively worsening and constant. They don't come and go. They're accompanied by other more serious neurological signs. And I do remember reading a study about the features of a brain tumour headache - about 85% said these headaches were nothing like the headaches they'd experienced previously. The other 15%? They'd never experienced headaches before.

So by all means see your GP for reassurance/referral to a Headache clinic. The latter is not because it's a serious issue, but to better manage your migraines/treatment.

Godo luck

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Quote Originally Posted by RadioGaGa View Post
    Your GP will be able to reassure you (I feared brain tumours from 2012 right up until early this year. I'm a self-declared expert on them).

I assume you're worrying about a brain tumour, but when they cause a headache they're progressively worsening and constant. They don't come and go. They're accompanied by other more serious neurological signs. And I do remember reading a study about the features of a brain tumour headache - about 85% said these headaches were nothing like the headaches they'd experienced previously. The other 15%? They'd never experienced headaches before.

So by all means see your GP for reassurance/referral to a Headache clinic. The latter is not because it's a serious issue, but to better manage your migraines/treatment.

Godo luck
    Thanks so much Blueiris and Radiogaga

I was lucky enough for my walk in centre Gp to give me imigran last Friday so I took one of those and it seemed to work very quickly!

You are right about my fears, I watched my aunty go through a brain tumour.

I’m booked in to see my gp on Wednesday and think it may be time after years of self managing to see if they can put me on medication to manage them.

Thanks again, everyone who has responded have really have helped me to rationalise things.

Xx

Good luck. Hope you feel better and find what's causing this. I know how you feel, after having migraines almost everyday for the past few months I'm sick of it and every single worry has gone through my mind. All it was was tight muscles around my neck and jaw due to my wrong posture and my clenching due to stress. Try and do some meditation and wait and see what your GP says. Also, look at cutting out foods high in tyramine. The main thing that was causing my migraines were bananas, so I cut them out and they weren't as intense, even though I still have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Siffi View Post
    Good luck. Hope you feel better and find what's causing this. I know how you feel, after having migraines almost everyday for the past few months I'm sick of it and every single worry has gone through my mind. All it was was tight muscles around my neck and jaw due to my wrong posture and my clenching due to stress. Try and do some meditation and wait and see what your GP says. Also, look at cutting out foods high in tyramine. The main thing that was causing my migraines were bananas, so I cut them out and they weren't as intense, even though I still have them.
    Thanks Siffi

I actually work long hours on a computer and i have questioned before whether i have tight muscles or even trapped nerves in my neck as headaches/neck pain are with me to some degree more often than not.

I think i have got to the point now where i am actually stressing about getting one and may be causing them myself as ridiculous as that sounds.

Lots to try and work through at the GP tomorrow to see if she thinks its blood pressure related/hormones or even muscular.

Thanks so much for all the help given

xx

It's not ridiculous, Cariad. At my worst point I was getting them whenever I got angry, whenever I saw bright light, and sometimes from strong perfume or sudden loud noises.

Don't beat yourself up over this one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information