Thread: Random pressure with panic attack

Random pressure with panic attack

Hi All,

Posted here a few days ago as I am newly diagnosed and got some tips and tricks to help until I get my CBT and meds kick in, was having a good couple of days so thought I would brave a trip to the supermarket and boom panic attack as soon as I got through the doors! I stuck with it and made it round for the first time in ages! Yay

As I am new to all this every attack feels different with this one I got a random pressure in like the bridge of my nose? Has anyone had anything like this with an attack?

Currently at home waiting for the nausea and shaking to stop, I can’t wait to get better at dealing with these!

Re: Random pressure with panic attack

You did really well! Supermarkets used to bring my attacks on too. I think every symptom is related somehow - I may have had symptoms that you didn’t and vice versa.
    Well done though, keep on fighting through.

Hi, yes I get this pressure on bridge of nose. Congrats on staying on despite the fear, it's the way to go

Thank you both! The books I bought all told me to stay in panicky situations so I thought I would start as I mean to go on!

Everyone is so different guess all the crazy things they do to our bodies just takes some getting used to!

Well done for pushing through.

I would say try not to focus and question every symptom, as that's when anxiety becomes an anxiety disorder. Anxiety can present with every symptom your body is capable of producing, so it's better to deal with and focus on the ONE thing, not one of a thousand things that happen at random times. If the symptom comes and goes with the anxiety, it's anxiety.

If you start questioning every symptom, your anxiety problems will escalate quickly, 100% of the time.

Totally agree with what Joe said, and even if you DID figure out what all your physical anxiety symptoms are, they would then change and throw you for a loop! You did great - I predict you will be a success story in no time!
    Sue

Thread Information