Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spit/saliva on the ground

Spit/saliva on the ground

So I was out for a walk near my apartment complex, I was walking in a paved area that is a little bit overgrown, it’s just the top part of where the complex is that isn’t really used for anything though some people do walk their dogs there.

Anyway as I was coming back down to where the apartments/cars are I saw a few puddles of what appeared to be spit or saliva? It wasn’t really foamy or weird but definitely bubbly/looked like spit and there were quite a few decent sized puddles of it. I didn’t touch it but when I first saw it I did lean down a bit to see what it was, I had flip flops on. I don’t believe I stepped in it/didn’t feel anything wet on my foot, but could it have been from an animal with rabies?

I didn’t see any animals or people around, I feel stupid but also really scared. I’m scared that it could have touched my foot since I had open shoes on, I don’t really have any open cuts on my foot just a few bug bites.

Re: Spit/saliva on the ground

You can't get rabies like this and you are fine.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thank you so much for replying, honestly just writing out my thoughts and then re reading them with your response really helped me calm down and think more rationally. Thank you again

You are welcome.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Sunlight kills the rabies virus. Don’t overthink your situation, it doesn’t make sense. Good luck with you anxiety!

Hearing that it doesn't make sense honestly helps a lot i always feel like if even other anxiety sufferers think I'm being irrational then I definitely know I am, and thank you!! Trying my best to work through this one, keeping myself away from Google and trying to rationalize

Of course! I know for a fact that you don’t have the rabies virus because of the situation you describe and also because of how rare it is. In all seriousness, the fear of rabies is the most irrational anxiety in this whole forum; besides for SFI. If i were you, I wouldn’t waste another second on this fear oh and also, I’ve gone through the rabies fear myself, so trust me I know how scary it is. It’s good to hear that you’re getting a peace of mind, hopefully it stays that way.

Thank you for responding! It's nice to hear from someone who has been through this ridiculous fear too, I think I might try to use the CBT workbooks that are linked in the HA forum, I think they would help me a lot, whenever my mind tries to go to thoughts about rabies I try to distract myself or force myself to rationalize, I know I'll get through this, just wish I could get rid of this fear for good.

I've been doing okay but tonight I felt a little achy/off and took my temperature and it was 100?? I was at my friends apartment beforehand and it was very warm there but could that raise my temp? It was only 100 once, I took it again a while later and it was down to 99, other than a little achy I don't have any other symptoms so the fact my temperature is up is really freaking me out and scaring me that it could be rabies? I'm really anxious at the moment and not sure how to calm down.

There is absolutely no way it could be rabies. It's completely impossible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information