Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spit/saliva on the ground

Re: Spit/saliva on the ground

Let me share something that happened tonight. I perform at the resorts in the Shenandoah National Park. Tonight (and several times over the years) a bat flew into my car/windshield. Other than possibly injuring that bat, that's it. Could I get rabies from that? Other than feeling bad for the bat, it's not a thought that even remotely crossed my mind. You're talking about something even more impossible if that's even possible.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you both so much for the input it really helped a lot! I think the temp. plus the fact my bf is away for work until sunday just caused a difficult moment for me, but ive been distracting myself and am feeling a lot less anxious now, I have work tomorrow so I'm hoping that will help be a distraction as well.

And thats really cool that you perform in a National Park! Hopefully the poor bat was okay and he just has a headache now lol

Quote Originally Posted by textsfromthemoon View Post
    And thats really cool that you perform in a National Park! Hopefully the poor bat was okay and he just has a headache now lol
    It really is a cool gig. I've been a regular performer at the two lodges for the last nine years. I first visited the Park in my Sr. year of high school and fell in love with it. It's one of the most beautiful areas in the US (do a Google image search and you'll see what I mean). Fall is coming and leaves will be decorating the mountains in a glorious display of color. There are deer, bears, fox, bobcats etc. but I'm pretty vigilant and keep my eyes peeled at all times. I've been fortunate that I haven't hit much wildlife other than an occasional possum or skunk. I think the bat will be Ok as it was just a glancing blow The bugs and moths on the other hand?....

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

That is so cool Fish. I thought you were from the UK! Not sure why though. I always enjoy your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow I just googled the area you mentioned in the previous comment, it looks beautiful! Also its nice to meet a fellow east-coaster on here, I'm your neighbor to the north in good ole New Jersey. We have a lot of wildlife where I live as well, I see so many animals when I'm on my way home from work, the deer can be the worst, they will straight up just walk right in front of your car, I hit a raccoon on accident once and felt SO bad about it

Thank you to all of you guys who responded I felt much better today, a co-worker was sick this week and we share an office so I think I may have just been fighting off what she had, I did a lot better anxiety wise today as well!

Wow I just googled the area you mentioned in the previous comment, it looks beautiful! Also its nice to meet a fellow east-coaster on here, I'm your neighbor to the north in good ole New Jersey.
    I grew up in Cherry Hill My family still lives in S Jersey.

Positive thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I grew up in Cherry Hill My family still lives in S Jersey.

Positive thoughts
    OMG! I know exactly where that is!! How cool to meet a fellow New Jerseyan on here!

OMG! I know exactly where that is!! How cool to meet a fellow New Jerseyan on here!
    Yo!

Positive thoughts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information