Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: World War III?

Re: World War III?

The Express is toilet paper. Their use of sensationalism is absurd. It's click bait. I have no idea how they're still allowed to run such titles since fake news is no longer supported by social media and Google. For what it's worth you probably shouldn't believe everything you read. I don't know of a single unbias news outlet that reports straight facts.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    The Express is toilet paper. Their use of sensationalism is absurd. It's click bait. I have no idea how they're still allowed to run such titles since fake news is no longer supported by social media and Google. For what it's worth you probably shouldn't believe everything you read. I don't know of a single unbias news outlet that reports straight facts.
    Exactly. They are all in with certain sides of the political spectrum and do what their owner tells them. It's been notable that some of these newspapers swing from one direction to another...because their owner has changed

Even the BBC has reduced itself to click bait headlines now.

So you're telling me this is hogwash? Fake news?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...ar-world-war-3

Hypersonic weapons is a big thing, wouldn't you say? On top of that, apparently Kim Jong-un is STILL building nuclear missiles!

My goodness, Frank, check all the qualifying words in that article!

There isn't a single hard fact in there - it's scaremongering, pure and simple, designed to sell papers to gullible fools.
    Last edited by BlueIris; 25-08-19 at 08:49. Reason: Hit post too soon!

Countries spend money on weapons. A new type of weapon with serious implications will likely end up encouraging pacts not to use or build them just as nuclear did. But what's any of this got to do with WW3? It seems a lot less like news compared to the trouble we have again with Iran but I don't see you even mention this.
    Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 25-08-19 at 13:05. Reason: Typo

Nobody told me. I mean I did hear they sent B-52s over there at one point, but...

One could argue we're already in WW3 except it's now cyber warfare. The Russians, Chinese and US are all hacking each other. If the Russians did have their fingers in the US election then they've done far more than any weapon could do.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by FrankT View Post
    Nobody told me. I mean I did hear they sent B-52s over there at one point, but...
    If there was any real threat of a war you'd know about. The byline gave it away:

TERRIFYING hypersonic weapons are "blurring the line" between nuclear and conventional warfare, cranking up the risk of devastating future wars, a military analysis has said.
    The bold words are the scaremongering words. The hypersonic bit is jargon. They made no reference to the military analyst. Notice how the grammar is also completely off? They used the word analysis instead of analyst. The whole article is a hypothetical situation they've created themselves to scare people. Their goal is to have you click so they can show you ads and earn some revenue. That's their business model. It's trash. Honestly.

☪️️

I admit, the thought is scary, especially now with nukes, but I live around 70 miles from DC and if it were to happen, I would have literally seconds (if that) before I was vapor so...

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Well... even without these "hypersonic" weapons, the risk of devastating future wars is still pretty high. Both sides withdrew from that Intermediate Forces Treaty, remember!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information